What happened to This place

Guggleflub

• Members

Long story short. I lefy harmony central several years ago because it seemed to me that the forums had become filled with negative commentary, and worse yet,it became very difficult to search equipment reviews so I decide to give hc another chance now the reviews for the most part are non-existent is there something I am doing something. Also. Does anybody remember the URL to the forum that a substantial amount of long time members migrated to 10-15ago Thanks very much in advance for anyone who can clarify any or all of my question

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you type that out on a flip phone Guggleflub?

I think a lot of people went here,

www.mwglforums.com

I was a bit annoyed by it at the time, but with the way things are looking I can't blame them.

Also, I'm sure some migrated over to http://www.thegearpage.net/board/

Too stuffy for me over there.

There is Jemsite, too. That's a cool group and they like the right kind of guitars.

Still some cool people around here too, but man, the overlords seem profoundly inept. Either that, or they are at the mercy of people who have no idea what the F they are doing.

• Members
Long story short. I lefy harmony central several years ago because it seemed to me that the forums had become filled with negative commentary' date=' and worse yet,it became very difficult to search equipment reviews so I decide to give hc another chance now the reviews for the most part are non-existent is there something I am doing something. Also. Does anybody remember the URL to the forum that a substantial amount of long time members migrated to 10-15ago Thanks very much in advance for anyone who can clarify any or all of my question[/quote']

No idea who you are and I've been here forever.

• Members
Did you type that out on a flip phone Guggleflub?

I think a lot of people went here,

www.mwglforums.com

I was a bit annoyed by it at the time, but with the way things are looking I can't blame them.

Also, I'm sure some migrated over to http://www.thegearpage.net/board/

Too stuffy for me over there.

There is Jemsite, too. That's a cool group and they like the right kind of guitars.

Still some cool people around here too, but man, the overlords seem profoundly inept. Either that, or they are at the mercy of people who have no idea what the F they are doing.

I'm over at Mark's forum a lot but I do still come here... However, I really find that Mark's forum has the family feeling that this place used to have but no longer does and sure as hell has more consistent good content.

• Members

Hey thanks guy's for those links. The URL I was looking for is something different. I don't recall what it was called, but I go way back to the days of John Oh and I remember there was this woman that played really burning finger style and I know for a fact she migrated to the site I am looking for. So I guess I was around from about 97-06 maybe.

• Members
Just a thought but it might help if they consolidated groups. I'm sure a lot of posts could be combined without making cats and dogs live together.

It would help if they consolidated all the eye jarring Ads across the top of each page to a sensible streamlined banner or two (look at Jemsite, they have lots of ads, but it's very streamlined and easy to look at). Who would even want to look at this place, it's ugly as hell.

Also, leave all moderation to a bare minimum and let the place self moderate via posting. That's what made the place fun in the first place. That is no knock on any of our mods, past or present, they do have their marching orders. Just let the place be and the characters will show up and post, that should be the #1 goal. Posters... not integrating advertising and figuring out novel (and absurd) ways to shove it down whomever is left throats.

Shame.

• Members
Looks like you can't upload a pic either! Lol. I think it's more a software clusterfuk than user error.

Let's see.

Edit...I can't upload a pic.

Tried to upload this,

8506_10151499052095488_988635240_n.jpg

but couldn't.

That's Gus btw. he is about 50 lbs heaver now.

He'll eat a face off if need be.

Good boy, Gus. Sweet fella.

The reviews got lost a couple of forum upgrades ago. Last I heard the management was working on bringing them back but I don't know how that's going or whether the project is even still taking place.

User Reviews are all safe and sound - nothing was actually lost, just misplaced for a while. They've been restored, and there's a link to them right at the top of the page.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/reviews

Archived