NAD (Steve Hackett's Amp?)

profgalen

• Members

I bought this 84 Fender Super Champ amp the other day and then I noticed the little name tag under the power switch. Do you think this is real or is someone playing a joke? I really don't care. It's not why I bought the amp. These were real treasures made during the Paul Rivera years 82 to 86. Amazing cleans and not bad lead channel. The mid boost not so much. 18 watts through a 10" Fender blue label speaker. 6V6 power tubes. It didn't come with the rare foot-switches, but that's OK. I'll only use it for clean anyway. Condition is immaculate for 30 years old and all original as far as I can tell. If it was Steve's he didn't use it much.

Oh yeah, the phone # on the name tag is disconnected.

100_zpse58841ab.jpg

104_zpsd99486b8.jpg

103_zps30642f48.jpg

• Members
Do you think this is real or is someone playing a joke?

Steve Hackett of Genesis has been a long-time user of Hiwatt amplification, but not sure what he uses for small rigs. And, I seriously doubt the UK native ever maintained a secret residence in Florida.

As for the joke part, maybe this particular Steve Hackett is related to the late great Buddy Hackett? :)

• Members
Found out it's a different Steve Hackett. Oh we'll. I still really dig this amp. Loud enough for any of my gigs. Light enough for an old man like me.

Aw gosh darn. :(

Well anyway regardless it's still a sweet amp! Congrats!

Archived