• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLICK Guitars (as in Earl Slick)

"This is the real deal. Designed by Earl Slick in his New York studio..."

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-Guitars_c_496.html

http://www.slickguitars.com/

Comment

I just saw these yesterday. They look like cheap knockoffs from the seventies/eighties. That logo looks dated for some reason.

That said, I'd love to have one of the LP junior copies.

Comment

http://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/101...-company/25576

Below is his previous signature model from Framus (Warwick)...

Comment

I've been skeptical about buying anything guitars from GFS. The that doesn't look cheap is the tele.

Comment

Slick Guitars = Reincarnation of Hondo?

Comment

Says swamp ash with solid brass hardware. I like the DC Jr with the dark walnut stain. Could be a fun beater.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleH View Post
                Could be a fun beater.
                \
                I like Jay's typical hyped description of the finishes... smiley-lol

We spray a single coat of old fashioned automotive paint and sand it back. The pores don't get clogged so the wood can breathe. It works. It sounds better. Louder. Fuller.

Comment

I'd like to try one, but I have to admit, they don't visually live up to expectation. I did go on the website, and some colours look much better than others (especially that worn walnut) but putting out a bolt-neck Les Paul type is going to make everyone think Hondo/Satellite/Kay, and not in a good way.
                  http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Just checked them out. Regardless of opinions on visual, I'd be hardpressed to call these guitars cheap based on those specs.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "If you play guitar, you are a friend."

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

Originally posted by Frets99 View Post
                      Just checked them out. Regardless of opinions on visual, I'd be hardpressed to call these guitars cheap based on those specs.

I'd suspect they are rather decent inexpensive guitars. I'd also suspect they might be made by AXL at their factory in China, because they just have that AXL look about them.

http://www.axlguitars.com/guitars/badwater-1216-jr

Comment

Always thought the Stray Cats were better when he was playing guitar. Still have the PRS records and the one SC one he is on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BG76 View Post
                          Always thought the Stray Cats were better when he was playing guitar. Still have the PRS records and the one SC one he is on as well.
                          you mean Brian Setzer? Earl Slick in Stray Cats? I missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post

The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
                            Lou Reed

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post

Someone posted the PRS record (there were two of them). There is also a Stray Cats record which Earl Slick plays on which I was referencing.

Comment

Working...
                              X