SLICK Guitars (as in Earl Slick)

V-8

• Members
Could be a fun beater.

\

I like Jay's typical hyped description of the finishes... smiley-lol

We spray a single coat of old fashioned automotive paint and sand it back. The pores don't get clogged so the wood can breathe. It works. It sounds better. Louder. Fuller.

• Members

I'd like to try one, but I have to admit, they don't visually live up to expectation. I did go on the website, and some colours look much better than others (especially that worn walnut) but putting out a bolt-neck Les Paul type is going to make everyone think Hondo/Satellite/Kay, and not in a good way.

• Members
Just checked them out. Regardless of opinions on visual' date=' I'd be hardpressed to call these guitars cheap based on those specs.[/quote']

I'd suspect they are rather decent inexpensive guitars. I'd also suspect they might be made by AXL at their factory in China, because they just have that AXL look about them. ;)

http://www.axlguitars.com/guitars/badwater-1216-jr

5.jpg

• Members

you mean Brian Setzer? Earl Slick in Stray Cats? I missed that one.

Someone posted the PRS record (there were two of them). There is also a Stray Cats record which Earl Slick plays on which I was referencing.

• Members

Guitars are sourced in S. Korea , I believe. Kinda like the specs, so decided to order one of the walnut lookin' "Teles", supposed to be here Friday.

Relicing a $200 Korean guitar seems whack to me, paint them & leave 'em be, could make for a nice mod platform. A few folks who got them already seem to mostly give thumbs up on workmanship & build quality. Guess we'll see...

• Members
...decided to order one of the walnut lookin' "Teles"' date=' supposed to be here Friday.[/quote']

I'm rather interested as well, but actually more so with the Melody Maker-ish double cut Junior P90 (I've already got a few nice Teles). I've almost got enough pocket change saved up to get one and might jump for a Slick SL59 DC Junior in July. Thanks cBc for being our guinea pig!

• Members
I wouldn't buy one based on the creepiness factor. Dude c'mon take off your shades and check out some Grecian formula stead of that shoe polish.

Anyway Setzer's the man in my book.

No matter how good of a player he is, I will always remember Earl Slick as the guy who wants to be in every guitar advertisement. If it were anyone else, I would probably love to have one of those guitars...

• Like 1

• Members

No matter how good of a player he is, I will always remember Earl Slick as the guy who wants to be in every guitar advertisement. If it were anyone else, I would probably love to have one of those guitars...

The only person worse then Slick for that is George Lynch. I liked Earl Slick in the Stray Cats, like I said. Mainly, I'll remember him as the only person I ever saw put a Floyd Rose on a Danelectro.

• Members

The only person worse then Slick for that is George Lynch. I liked Earl Slick in the Stray Cats, like I said. Mainly, I'll remember him as the only person I ever saw put a Floyd Rose on a Danelectro.

Dimebag, Slash, and to a certain degree Dweezil also litter many pages from the late 80's to the mid 2000's endorsing every product ever through the door at NAMM.

• Like 1