I'd like some help from Malmsteen fans

• Members

I couldn't find a place for this topic so if the moderator wants to move it, that's fine with me (just please don't delete it.)

I once saw an interview with Yngwie Malmsteen where he said he's got at least one blues song on every one of his albums. Can somebody here give me a list of these blues songs? I realize the songs he's referring to are probably blues-based rock songs (as opposed to "true" blues songs), but I'm okay with that. Also, it makes no difference if it's an original or a cover. I've seen a couple of his blues demonstrations on youtube and really like what I heard.

Thanks.

• Members
I can't believe this thread didn't generate more interest. Maybe this link will help. I was hoping to get a list of his blues songs so I could buy them on iTunes and put them on my iPod.

When people do listen to Malmsteen, it's not for his so-called blues. That's why God gave us Gary Moore for.

• Members
Boy that's a lousy sentence. sm-indifferent

LOL...I KNEW someone like you would show up. Hook line and sinker....too easy.

Yes...."for" is a preposition...never end a sentence with a preposition. I've seen much worse, even in professional writings like newspapers, academics, and government documents. I did it on purpose....just to see what kind of ja would take time to judge my grammar rather than listen to some Gary Moore.

LOL.

(I do not prefer using "LOL" in my interent writings, but it's actually quite appropriate in this case.)

• Members

I'm tempted to troll the grammar thing but Yngwie is prolly a hair more interestinger. I do like Gary Moore. Have his Blues Alive or whatever that is with Still Got The Blues on it. Plays the flock outa it. What I really butted in for was to drop Scott Henderson's name. My all time pick for whitened blues.

• Members

I have a couple of Malmsteen CDs, Facing The Animal and The Yngwie Malmsteen Collection. On The Yngwie Malmsteen Collection is a live bit called Guitar Solo (Trilogy Suite Opus 5/ Spasebo Blues). But you can only get that selection if you buy the whole MP3 Download of the CD. It lasts a bit (10:21), but I don't think I would buy the whole MP3 Download just to get that. That album also has an Yngwie cover of Hendrix's Spanish Castle Magic which is pretty good.

• Members

Um, it's not a lousy sentence just (or even mainly) because you ended it with a preposition.

Well are you going to keep me in suspense? Are you going to educate me? Why are you so dramatic? Sheesh I didn't know such grammar beeches existed on HC these days. Why wouldn't you just say what is wrong with the sentence...rather than BEG me to to beg you? Sheesh...drama queens wtf.

Here is how I would present it to grammar fuks like you..,please do indeed correct me:

"When people do listen to Malmsteen, it's not for his so-called blues. That's why God gave us Gary Moore."

I don't see anything particularly terrible with that..but do tell. You must be VERY busy correcting the whole internet! God bless ya.

• Members
I'm tempted to troll the grammar thing but Yngwie is prolly a hair more interestinger. I do like Gary Moore. Have his Blues Alive or whatever that is with Still Got The Blues on it. Plays the flock outa it. What I really butted in for was to drop Scott Henderson's name. My all time pick for whitened blues.

LOL...giving Gay Moore your blessing based on Still Got The Blues? LOL....Try Scars.

• Members

Steve, no one here actually believes you typed that idiotic sentence "just to see if someone would notice". You typed it, yes, it was dumb, but it wasn't a big deal, even his response to you, mostly just busting your balls for fun, until you tried to cover it up and create that laughable elementary school defense, I did it to see if any one would notice. Lol. Seriously? Lol. Everyone makes typos. No harm no foul. But that cover up story and your continuing responces.....now I just feel sorry for you. You should have just owned it like a man. No. You did NOT create that literal masterpiece of a sentence "on purpose". Lol. Not a soul in interweblandia believes otherwise.

• Members

Meanwhile, Scars appears to be a rock band trying to do moore with the same ole tired material. I like Still Got The Blues because it details the harmonic movement - more song like than even Stormy Monday. Most blues rockers can't track the movement of those two songs. (big lol if it weren't so sad) Moore does a stand up job shredding the changes.

Archived