Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the nicest Fender Stratocaster you have ever played?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my CIJ 68 reissue strat... i don't know if a vintage one is as nice as this but never had a chance to try...
    the worst is my lefty MIA std strat... its just meh...

Comment

It's really hard to say as I've never AB'd them all at the same time. I know that I was impressed with the Eric Johnson Signature. Made more of an impression on me than a Custom Shop I got to try once. I'm kind of a vintage guy so I'm pretty sure I'd be waaay impressed with the sounds coming out of BG's 55.

As for myself, I honestly can't imagine Strats I'd enjoy more than the three I have right now and two are just heavily modded MIM Fender Squier Series (the other an 89 American). Fender made so many great guitars and I swear they all have a little different sonic personality. My 89 American (Alder body, maple neck) has a Custom Shop in the neck and two noiseless in the middle and bridge - the guy that owned it before me is a hotshot player with a couple of different gigs and an agent for those last second session jobs. My 91 MIM (Alder body, maple neck) has a Biltoft (Vintage Vibe) Alnico 5 in the neck and two lace sensors in the middle and bridge. My 98 MIM (poplar body, pau fero neck) has two GFS Alnico Boutiques in the neck and middle with the stock ceramic bucker in the bridge. I've been known to say that the 89 is Blues, the 91, Rock and the 98, Country cause they all have their own personalities. They all have incredible necks, play like butter and sound fabulous.
      Last edited by wankdeplank; 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM.
      "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

My 1965 (made in 64) old beat up 'Black Beauty'

Comment

I copied this picture but I have the same guitar. It's a 56 Custom shop Taos Turquoise Strat I bought from a friend of mine. It's a fantastic guitar. Once when I took it to a local guitar center to get a set up done, everyone in the shop was smitten with it. Even the set up guy, who I've known for a long time with tons of experience could not get over how nice it is. The manager offered to buy it if I ever wanted to sell it. No way. Plus my friend who sold it to me passed away a couple of years ago and it's very sentimental to me.
          Last edited by EdMan63; 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM.
          My Gear:

2004 PRS Artist Custom 22
          2005 '56 CS Strat Taos Turquoise LTD
          2006 Eric Johnson Strat 2 tone
          2010 Gibson LP Studio Worn Brown
          Mesa Lone Star Special Amp
          Assorted Boss and MXR pedals

Comment

My three favorites are my 63', 90's Mary Kaye, and 2000's Jeff Beck custom shop.

www.thesymbolsband.com

Comment

Probably my old black '86 MIJ contemporary strat. Terrible trem but wonderful neck and it had a unique visual look. But it got damaged and it wasn't really right after the accident it was in. As far as a strat I own right now I'd have to say the RR Strat I got in trade for my old orange one.
              Last edited by aliensporebomb; 05-14-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Not mine, but was allowed to play a '62 3TSB that was just sick. Sustain for close to a minute.

Comment

So far, this one (its a Custom Shop '66, Hot rails neck and bridge and Quarter Pound middle pickups):
                  I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

Originally posted by EdMan63 View Post

I copied this picture but I have the same guitar. It's a 56 Custom shop Taos Turquoise Strat I bought from a friend of mine. It's a fantastic guitar. Once when I took it to a local guitar center to get a set up done, everyone in the shop was smitten with it. Even the set up guy, who I've known for a long time with tons of experience could not get over how nice it is. The manager offered to buy it if I ever wanted to sell it. No way. Plus my friend who sold it to me passed away a couple of years ago and it's very sentimental to me.
                    That's luscious.eekphil
                    "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

A friend had a '57 before the 'vintage' collector craze began. I played it once, and it was definitely the best Strat I ever played. A guy waved 8 C-notes in front of my friend's face, and that was that. This was around 1981, or so. When asked about it a couple of years ago, he said: "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, OR I'LL CRY."

I believed him.
                      When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

Comment

A friend owned a '65 Strat with a rosewood neck that was, for me, the Strat Holy Grail. Nothing I've played before or since comes close. I have a '64 and while VERY cool, doesn't quite match the mystical mojo the '65 had. I was fortunate to gig with it for two years, broke my heart when he asked for it back. He has since sold it. The fellow still plays but only sporadically. No way I could afford to buy it.

Comment

My 89 Fender Clapton Strat is pretty much all I was looking for in a guitar. My friend recently bought a new Fender American Deluxe HSS which is a very close second.
                          Hamilton Steele CD's / Hamilton Steele MP3 Downloads / Hamilton Steele iTunes

Comment

A gorgeous silver Robert Cray sig strat. Best strat neck I've ever held, and everything else was Goldilocks .... just right. Guy just wanted too much for it .. near retail for a 3 y/o guitar and he wouldn't budge. Oh well (sigh).

Runner up would probably be the SRV sig strat; the neck was a little big for me (I coulda gotten used to it) and having the trem arm on top was strange, but damn that thing was sweet.
                            Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

My dad has a Jimi Hendrix Signature White Stratocaster, I guess there was only about 300 made. It's pretty cool because its a left handed guitar with right hand string order, so its like an simulation of what Jimi felt like playing his right handed guitar with left hand string order. Of course he was just doing it probably because he was too poor to find a lefty early on.

Comment

Working...
                              X