Sjonesmusic resurrected as scottjonesmusic

• Members

Hello again forum! Every time I try to come back to the forum, life and being busy keep me away. With all of the forum changes, I had to start over with a new screen name and lost all of my post count, but hey, I'm back in my new form. How's everyone doing?

• Members

Hello scott jones. Welcome! No worries about new names and lost posts counts. We're all family here.

What guitars and amps you using?

BTW..I was checking your Freedom....impressive!

BTW #2...holy SHT Scott....Freedom is pretty bad ass! Haven't heard this kind of playing from a forumite since Ed Degenaro. And you have nice feedback on that page. We have a superstar in our midst!

• Members
Hello scott jones. Welcome! No worries about new names and lost posts counts. We're all family here. What guitars and amps you using? BTW..I was checking your Freedom....impressive! BTW #2...holy SHT Scott....Freedom is pretty bad ass! Haven't heard this kind of playing from a forumite since Ed Degenaro. And you have nice feedback on that page. We have a superstar in our midst!
Thanks Steve! I really appreciate the kind words, man! Well, on the Freedom release, it's a mix of guitars and "amps". Many of the guitars in the pic here, were used throughout. Although, that was 12 years ago and after getting divorced in 2009, I sold all of them. I've just got a couple of Ibanez Prestige on hand right now. The "amps" were a mix of Twins, a POD, a Vetta, and various pedals. I play through two Twins in stereo now. Here's a set of mine on soundcloud that's got a lot more variety than the Freedom release, which is obviously, mostly fusion-oriented.

https://soundcloud.com/scottjonesmusic/sets/scott-jones-variety-pack

• Members
Welcome Scott, always good to have good positive contributors bringing the music to the forum
Thanks! I've been around here since 2001 and had logged around 4,000 posts. That got cut down at some point after some forum changes. And now, back to zero.

• Members
I had to start over with a new screen name and lost all of my post count, but hey, I'm back in my new form.

It doesn't have to be that way. You can go back to using your original account, as your original account and posts are intact...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/member/1567-sjonesmusic

Just send a private message to Phil O'keefe to reset your password or reset your e-mail address for your original account, sjonesmusic.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/member/60615-phil-o-keefe

...or you can click the "Contact Us" button at the top of any forum page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
It doesn't have to be that way. You can go back to using your original account, as your original account and posts are intact... http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/member/1567-sjonesmusic Just send a private message to Phil O'keefe to reset your password or reset your e-mail address for your original account, sjonesmusic. http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/member/60615-phil-o-keefe ...or you can click the "Contact Us" button at the top of any forum page. ​
Thanks man! Although, what's done is done now. I don't want to necessarily go back to it. It's cool this way. A clean slate.

• Members

Hey Scott, I had occasion to think of you in the last 10 days : I'm having terrible pain in the left hand index finger as well as numbness ( skin deep). My hand is kind of stiff . I've had a ct scan of my neck and will see neurologue and neuro surgeon in the coming weeks. My doc think it comes from there but I had an accident 8 years ago that broke my collar bone and two ribs. tht could be that or... carpal tunnel. :(

You went through a lot with your hand . what was it again and what operation did you have?

• Members
Hey Scott, I had occasion to think of you in the last 10 days : I'm having terrible pain in the left hand index finger as well as numbness ( skin deep). My hand is kind of stiff . I've had a ct scan of my neck and will see neurologue and neuro surgeon in the coming weeks. My doc think it comes from there but I had an accident 8 years ago that broke my collar bone and two ribs. tht could be that or... carpal tunnel. :( You went through a lot with your hand . what was it again and what operation did you have?
Well, I had trigger finger surgery. I also had extensive tests regarding issues with my spine. My main issue was musicians focal dystonia, a neurological thing. I'm back on track now, but I still wear out more quickly than I use to. And from time to time, I have numbness and similar with my hand when I over practice. Best of luck!

• Members

HEADS UP, friends! Just to make you aware of something I'm doing.

For Evolving Musicians!!

I have a new, consistently morphing page on Bandcamp for practice tracks.

The launch has 14 tracks, one funk/fusion track "Ty One On" is a freshly re-booted and re-imagined composition from the archives (written in 1993), which I shaped into a fun "Yellowjackets-style" jam track with tons of space for open solos.

Under the following title, I will be constantly updating the page with new tracks. These tracks will be open for ALL instruments.

All of the tracks are original compositions of mine.

TEACHERS: as this develops over time, this can be a resource for you to include with your students' practice routines. Share this link with your fellow teachers. I will strive to add content often that is challenging and fun.

DRUMMERS: will have "Minus Drums" mixes of the tracks.

GUITARISTS: I will be steadily adding jam tracks in various styles with various parameters of what is left open for you to create of your own. Right now, there is a Prog Rock track with tons of space for you to create something. More to come.

KEYS PLAYERS: I'll have more and more stuff that's open for you as this grows. Much of the comping is sparse and something over which you could add your own comping, as well as the open the solo sections over which to improvise.

HORN PLAYERS: I strongly encourage you to check out the latest track "Ty One On", which I initially had written for Tyrone Perry to play on, years ago. You and your students could have a great deal of fun with this one.

Archived