revisiting the Tele after 35 years

mister natural

• Members

I find it so interesting to play a Telecaster again. It was my first electric back in the 1970s - dunno why I ever sold that old blonde/maple sweetie . . .

I recently got a bug and bought a Squier body, new chinese neck, various parts including a Lace Sensor red for the bridge PU, etc - had my tech put it all together and got it into my hands this past Friday. It is SO different sounding than my trusty strat - even acousically(un-plugged).

Color me very happy

peace

7c35be8621f4e324fe43b27990c91611.thumb.jpg.606772b4a88e3b399f92e3af140851da.jpg

• Members

I had one back in the 70's too and was playing allot of Roy Buchanan stuff. I'd switch between that and my Gold top Deluxe Paul with Mini Humbuckers.

I sold the tele and kept the Paul because It was better for the rock stuff.

In the lest 5 years or so I bought a Stock Tele, then I bought three Tele necks and built guitar bodies of various types.

One is a Paul shape solid maple body with Minis, Tom bridge and tail piece and it definitely kicked butt. Then I made a

semi hollow body with 200 year wood. Its got a walnut top, maple sides and rosewood back.

I put Mini HB's, TOM bridge and Trapeze bridge on it as well. Out of all 30 guitars I own, its been my #1 for a few years now.

It gives me a Hybrid tone between a Les Paul and Tele and I can clean it up for Fenderish tones or drive it up for Gibson tones.

Guess those Two Guitars from back in the 70's are finally back with me in one instrument. I Do have another Les Paul with P100's as well so I can

switch to it or my tele if I want one extreme or the other. Its just nice having the combination of both those tones.

I still have the third neck but haven't decided on what body I'm going to make for that one. I been playing with the idea of having a semi hollow

body with a galvanized metal top. It might make for some neat metallic Steel guitar tone for playing slide which is something I'm also into.

I find it so interesting to play a Telecaster again. It was my first electric back in the 1970s - dunno why I ever sold that old blonde/maple sweetie . . .

I recently got a bug and bought a Squier body, new chinese neck, various parts including a Lace Sensor red for the bridge PU, etc - had my tech put it all together and got it into my hands this past Friday. It is SO different sounding than my trusty strat - even acousically(un-plugged).

Color me very happy

peace

I've got the same type of compensated brass saddles on both my Duo Sonic and my Telecaster - love 'em! Your Tele looks very nice - congratulations!

• Members
OK - let's pretend for a minute that WRG didn't derail this thread to being all about him

the Tele is a unique instrument - so different from any other guitar . . .

LO>..you made me laugh.

I don't want to derail this thread about me...and get my ass chewed!. But I love my Tele. I have/had jacksons, esps, hamers, charvels, ibanez, etc etc. But my Mexi Tele has become one of my favorite guitars. And my first after playing guitar for over 25 years. Here she is:

tele.jpg

Archived