New gear day!Randall and LTD content!

IlikeESPz

• Members

-New to this forum-Figured my NGD would be a good first post! First up is the digitech rp-1000, I got this because I had a crappy vox vt80+ and most gigs I played at the time had PA's.Easy transport, easy setup. And I didn't have to use that crappy vox :haha: Review: It's made really well,super solid construction and can take a beating(wah abuse :D ) Tone -Wise was good as well.The fender and Marshall's were the best models,they don't sound like the real things ,but very good sounds. The high gain models-PV 5150,Mesa, and the others were lacking.They were boomy and weird sounding, I messed with the effects and EQ 1000 different ways and still sounded off-Which was a big downer for me because that's what I play most of the time-Hard rock and metal. NEXT: Schecter Hellraiser FR I have never been a big fan of FR's , I never bonded with them. I find that they suck tone in my opinion, and I never was great at setting them up. Saw it on craigslist, and GAS hit. It's like a drug, it overrides your sense and brain for the most part and you do stupid stuff :haha: He was only asking 200$ so I figured what the heck? 200 isn't that bad even if it in bad shape. Review: Well I went and I got it. It had obviously been neglected and needed strings and some attention-Fretboard was dry,input jack loose,batteries etc... Spent a little setting it up and cleaning her and played her for about a week.And then she sat there,for a long time. NEXT UP! Randall diavlo 20 h and 112-v30 cab! My first tube amp and stack. Picked her up for 750 I think with a 15 percent off GC coupon. Review: This thing kicks arse. The gain channel is kind of a lighter gain, a little loose on the low end,good for older rock when you turn the gain down. Then you press the boost button.More gain,Tight bottom end and a bunch of clarity and articulation. Some people worry that it doesn't have a lot of gain, but they are wrong,It doesn't have loads and loads of gain,but with a tad bit of less gain It is clearer. Clean channel is well,clean. It looks awesome too. -Next and final piece of gear is the long lost interracial twin to my ec-1000 :haha: I put my Schecter on craigslist just to see if I could get back what I paid-It wasn't being used and I just wanted to get rid of it to fund and ec-1000. A month passed and no one even emailed me.I almost gave up and went to a local store to give it up and take whatever they'd give me. I was going to go the next day that I decided to get rid of it.Just on a whim I looked on craigslist and to my surprise,one minute ago posted was a Snow White ec-1000. I texted him back and forth and he Definetly needed 200$.So I offered him the Hellraiser and the money and I met him the next day. It was a little dinged up- Around the body is a few marks,chip on back of headstock. Overall it was in good shape. Review:2007 model Snow White ec-1000,it's a limited run that should of never been taken out, along with the green,purple, and reindeer blue. The abalone is a nice touch on this one-I like it a lot more than the other colors,it just goes better with the white. It has the sperzels tuners. He had seymour duncan jb and jazz installed in it This one came with the earvana nut and the sperzels.It stays in tune way better-I bend the hell out of all the strings and it stays in tune perfectly. This one is so much more resonant than the vintage black-Maybe because of the finish? The Seymour's are what hit me hardest about this-I always defended my Emgs in my VB.My buddy always told me how much better they are, I never believed him but man I was so wrong. They are so much bigger,clearer,and even hotter.I feel like my personal play style shines through these ! It also plays better than my VB,but that's an excuse for me to get better at setting up guitars :haha: -Overall I am very happy with this setup. I love ec-1000's to death,randall and fortin are awesome together. Sorry to bore with a long review,but it was quite a few items :peace:

• Members
Wow that was a tough read, no paragraphs but I dug your enthusiasm. Craigs is fun, I mean if you don't get jacked or something. Anyway I digress, congrats and happy new everything day.philthumb
Yeah sorry about that- I had it evenly spaced,yet it came out like this.

Archived