What's the coolest guitar strap you have ever seen?

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Those Belt Buckle Straps are still around. The jack connection is made to the back of the guitar and then you can just spin the

guitar around doing the ZZ Top thing.

I tried one of those double shoulder straps awhile back.

My right shoulder is a mess after 46 years of playing.

The one I had wasn't very comfortable so I gave it to a bass player I know.

There is another version out there I still need to try.

If I can get some of the weight on my right shoulder I could get back to playing my Les Paul for

longer extended periods of time. I'm OK with my lighter builds but that Paul is the heaviest made.

Its not bad when I'm playing but the pain the next day is incredible.

Maybe I have to come up with a telescoping pogo stick that extends out where I can rest the dam thing on the floor like a mic stand.

It wouldn't be too hard to use an actual mic stand with one of those screw in adaptors on the guitar.

Motorize it with a push button like a motorized car antenna and have the feet extend out so you can set the guitar down and walk away from it.

Call it the "I've Fallen Down and Cant Get To my Drink Stand" or something. Give it a flesh color and I guarantee you everyone in the audience

will have their eyes on that thing when it telescopes down as a third leg.

• Members

It was a brown patterned strap. A guy in this band I was listening to was wearing it. He had a cool guitar hanging from it too. I think the guitar was an Effingham or something like that. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want him to think I was mental or gay or anything. I asked him where he got it and he said "In a music store". It was cool.

Yep, pretty much down to the small talk and crickets these days around here.

Might have been a bit easier to say "Post a pic of your favorite guitar strap here" wouldn't it?

Archived