What happened in here

mark theriac

• Members

Used to be a lot of daily posts in here, one of my favorite web sites. Where have all the "flowers gone?" I used to be Ralph onion with over a thousand posts. Have tried to re-establish my "newbie" to something a little more respectable but no luck even with several (2) attempts to change my status. I miss the old web site! We raised a lot of hell in the old web site and plenty of opinions, it was stimulating and exciting. A new guitar came on the market and boom!, plenty of comments. There was excellent back and forth bitching between collectors and players etc. Now it seems as if this site has seen its day. Is there another web site that has multiple postings that rivals or equals what this used to be?

• Members

Hey Mark. It's kind of a long story, but the site going through several platform changes, and some bad admin decisions pretty much led to a mass exodus. We all miss the old community. I think that's why the people that are here are still here. As far as other forums go, people seemed to have scattered. The Gear Page has a lot of traffic, but not nearly the sense of community that this place had. Mark Wein Guitar Lessons has a small, but cool community made up largely of ex-HCEG and Guitar Jam members. There are probably some others...

• Members

What happened was they lost some key players due to crap technology. They then did it again, and again. Now the place has a different flavour. It used to be like musicians chatting in a bar, respecting each other but ripping into each other for fun. As well as talking guitar talk. There was a code and it was pretty well self policing.

Now? Well now its this, very dry. Post your pics, discuss guitar, pretend the vicar is sitting at your table.

Its sterile.

• Members
It used to be like musicians chatting in a bar, respecting each other but ripping into each other for fun. As well as talking guitar talk.

I haven't been here in years but that's what I remeber it being like. I used to hang out at Guitar Jam which I guess doesn't even exist any more. When they got moderators it just cleaned the place out completely.

Archived