What's your favorite Reverb pedal?

steve_man

• Members

I currently have access to three different reverb pedals. I have a Boss Reverb, which sounds really good. The church I work for has has a Hall of Fame, as well as a Holy Grail reverb. All sound different, but all sound good, to my ears. I'd lean towards either the Boss or the Hall of Fame... but what is your favorite reverb pedal?

• Members

Never owned a reverb pedal. If my amps didn't have reverb, I'd use a rack unit like an Alesis Midiverb.

I'd then have 100 different reverbs/echoes to choose from. They sound great running dual amps for pseudo stereo too.

• Members

I don’t have a reverb pedal, but all my EG amps have reverb, any/all of which work fine for me.

Sometimes in the music room I go straight into the mixer and use the PA reverb/delay.

I’m actually not fussy-- I just use a touch.

After owning most of what is on the market that is digital I finally settled on the Van Amps Sole Mate reverb. On my board in the pic the red box at the top right is the control head for it and the 3 spring tank is under the board. You can see a piece of black construction paper under the turbo tuner where I'm covering the tank so that nothing falls into it.

1002206_10152301704192425_962131851_n.jpg

• Members

I just bought an older Holy Grail. What I like is the older units have separate components, like a real true by pass 9 pin switch and jacks that can be also replaced since they are not just stuck to a pc board. It is larger however. It sounds to be pretty good, not as cheesy as my Boss ME 50 effect and not quite like my tube driven spring reverb on my Deluxe.

• Members

T.C. Electronic has come out with some pretty amazing stuff... I'm actually thinking about selling off my Boss and getting the Hall of Fame. I like the versatility of it.... not that the Boss doesn't have lots of reverbs... I was pretty happy with the Boss until I started using the Hall of Fame a bit at church.

• Members

Strymon Blue Sky. It's good enough that used ones go for about the same amount as new ones...basically no one who owns one ever sells it. So many really nice tones out of that box, from subtle to pretty extreme. Having said that, I wonder if the newish Big Sky is even better.

• Members

I have found that Amazon is the best place to pick TC Electronic pedals up... My flashback delay was nearly $40 cheaper than they were at GC... Some of these more "boutique" pedals are north of $200... that's a lot of change for a pedal...

• Members

Another vote here for HoF. I had a Space, and sold it with the intention of replacing it with some new uber-toy but never did.

Hall of Fame has a bunch of reverbs, but not all are good. So I look at it as I got 2-3 really good reverbs for $119, and I'm happy with that. (FWIW, I am fond of the plate, church, hall and modern, though all are very different).

• Members
Another vote here for HoF. I had a Space, and sold it with the intention of replacing it with some new uber-toy but never did.

Hall of Fame has a bunch of reverbs, but not all are good. So I look at it as I got 2-3 really good reverbs for $119, and I'm happy with that. (FWIW, I am fond of the plate, church, hall and modern, though all are very different).

My opinion too. Plus with the Toneprint feature you can download one to your liking. they don't all have to be great for it to be a great pedal. Some of the less useful reverbs might mix better with other effects for all I know.

Archived