sig failure

DaveAronow

• Members

Considering we didn't have sigs at all for a while after the return to vBulletin, I'm glad to see them again. Give it time and they'll probably get it sorted out.

Edit: I just went into my settings and edited my sig. Looks pretty much like it used to. Yay!

• Members

I dobt WANT to go to my user settings and redo my sig. It was fine till they jimmied it. If I go to my settings and redo it, Im just going to fill it with the max space allowed with ridiculous nonsense code. It's not my job to fox it. Its my job to show up here and just be awesome. And I've done that almost 17, 000 times. I want MY code fixed, Nurse Wratched!

• Members

Oh..."dave"....You'd think "dave" would be so awesome his f'd up sig would just work...like voodoo magic. Like how they don't need a setlist to have perfect shows.

Or maybe just ditch the ridiculous sig..and have something more modest. I'm guessing.... not.

• Members

Sigh. Sometimes its lonely being this awesome. People like Steve will mock what they don't understand. How can I blame them? They can only guess what it must be like, snd then realize it will never be them and that is a burden I have to live with. Knowing there can only be one, most awesome person on Earth, sometimes I wish I could share some of it with others, but I've tried and it just won't stick. Unfortunately for me, I'm destined to be alone in my most awesomeness.

• Members
Sigh. Sometimes its lonely being this awesome. People like Steve will mock what they don't understand. How can I blame them? They can only guess what it must be like, snd then realize it will never be them and that is a burden I have to live with. Knowing there can only be one, most awesome person on Earth, sometimes I wish I could share some of it with others, but I've tried and it just won't stick. Unfortunately for me, I'm destined to be alone in my most awesomeness.

Ah..I see. You pity me. But isn't it ironic I feel the same way about you? All the things you miss with your nose so high in the air. You had to come into that thread like a stuck bull. Instead of explaining how you got good enough to not use a setlist...you know...be HELPFUL?...

But hey...I'm fully aware I will never be filled with such self-proclaimed awesomeness as you...you keep up that great work!

• Moderators

Ah..I see. You pity me. But isn't it ironic I feel the same way about you? All the things you miss with your nose so high in the air. You had to come into that thread like a stuck bull. Instead of explaining how you got good enough to not use a setlist...you know...be HELPFUL?...

But hey...I'm fully aware I will never be filled with such self-proclaimed awesomeness as you...you keep up that great work!

Steve, Dave is {censored}in wid ya, Dave's from Florida and can play the big tuna, marlins and tarpon, and he got the hook back in your gills, just spit the hook out:)

• Members

Steve, Dave is ****************in wid ya, Dave's from Florida and can play the big tuna, marlins and tarpon, and he got the hook back in your gills, just spit the hook out:)

Yes, Dave's just messin' with you. Best not to take Dave/you too seriously. Under all the "awesomeness' lies a pretty knowledgeable guy. I joined the Forum at the tail end of the "Golden Era" that Dave often reminisces about. A lot more traffic, a lot more cool guys and it's fair share of a**holes. I've recently visited The Gear Page and it runs a LOT quicker and feels (to me) a lot like Harmony Central used to when I first joined it. Don't know why the powers that be can't fix at least the speed of the HC Forum. Seems basic.

• Members

Yes, Dave's just messin' with you. Best not to take Dave/you too seriously. Under all the "awesomeness' lies a pretty knowledgeable guy. I joined the Forum at the tail end of the "Golden Era" that Dave often reminisces about. A lot more traffic, a lot more cool guys and it's fair share of a**holes. I've recently visited The Gear Page and it runs a LOT quicker and feels (to me) a lot like Harmony Central used to when I first joined it. Don't know why the powers that be can't fix at least the speed of the HC Forum. Seems basic.

I know he is. I am messing with him too. I thought that was obvious.

However....he was a D*#k (capital D) in the "setlist" thread. Pretty much outright attack. Okay...so not "ALL" "pro" bands use a setlist. The vast MAJORITY...do. Every stage that I have shared...including Live (I have a photo of their posted setlist), The Fixx, and Blind Melon....used them.

But my point was not about how many pro bands do or do not use them. My point was to help a fellow forum member solve an issue. Dave's point was to show how awesome he was that his "800 shows band" didn't need to use one. Fine, great...like I said I'm impressed. But...Quite unhelpful for the thread topic.

Yep...we (dave and I) started off on the wrong foot. Not here to make enemies.....but if I can HELP someone having a tough problem....cool.

• Members

Steve, Dave is ****************in wid ya, Dave's from Florida and can play the big tuna, marlins and tarpon, and he got the hook back in your gills, just spit the hook out:)

Remeber we talked about "being helpful". Go back in that thread and see if Dave was being "helpful" or not. He picked out a little thing I said and made a big deal about it. Far from "helping" the OP solve his problem. And picking out a moot detail and making a big issue of it? Come on.

Would like to see Dave go back in that thread and post about how his band was able to get good enough to not have to use a setlist. That would be very helpful. It's not just about 800 gigs...because at the rate the OP was going they might not make 8. They need some advice about how to get over the hump. You know...be that "helpful" thing we talked about?

• Members

Steve, just because something I said was based upon something you said, does not make me a dick. I am a dick because of a lot of other things, but not because of that. You are just taking it personally because it happened to be you that my response was based off of, but actually, if you read it again, take tge personal butthurt out of it, you will actually see that I was just giving a contrary arguement to a rather rigid, matter of fact blanket statement that turned out not to be tue, and I gave one personal example of why it wasn't true. If you would have said in a lot of cases, or even most cases, I probably would have agreed. But you said all cases, so Im here to tell you that, nuh-awe'. We can still be girlfriends if you want. Its cool. This weekend on Saturday, we are in Floral City at a place called Sleepy Hollow, and later that night, we will be headling the Hernando County fair. So if you are near, come hang out. But be warned, we wont be using a set list.

Archived