Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?

gardo

Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?

• P 90
    • Single coil
    • Humbucker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Humbucker' date=' followed closely by P-90.[/quote']

This.

Oddly one of my favorite pickups is single coil and it is the old FS-1. Great single coil, I really like it in the middle position. Some other favorite pickups are the duncan Jazz and Ibanez V1 and V2. I'm also pretty fond of the Jb, which people seem to love or hate.

• Members
Can't vote' date=' I love em all, and a P90 is a single coil is a Tele and Charlie Christian and Dynasonic etc.......and then there are good humbuckers and bad humbuckers and overwound pickups and ........aaaaaah ya get the picture[/quote']

I love them all too but I voted for a humbucker . Played with single coils FOREVER. The bucker is a nice change. Quiet and thicker tones/ sustain are it's pluses. Love P90s but they can be noisy. Of course a noise gate would fix that…..

• Members

I'm often more of a P-90 guy than anything else. I like the single coil vibe but with the extra balls the P-90s lay on the table. After that, I'm probably a Fender single coil guy. But I still am drawn to HB guitars too. But I'm definitely drawn a bit towards the P-90s since they seem more versatile to me, whether I want them to growl or have some sweet round vibey cleans they'll usually accommodate my mood.

• Members

[h=2]Gers Admission: "I Never Played A Lick...My Guitar Cord Isn't Even Plugged In"[/h]

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=79110

Early April based journalism aside

From wiki "He uses Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel-wound guitar strings, although he does not use the B strings"

Any of you metalurgists educate me on what that is about?

• Members

From wiki "He uses Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel-wound guitar strings, although he does not use the B strings"

I read that, too, I have no idea what it means, either :confused:

Maybe it means he uses the same gauge for high E and B strings? sm-anyone

• Members

Started on humbuckers but also have grown to love the singles too. I play such a variety of music that I have both. I have an old Ibanez AR20 that I am setting up with P-Rails. Gives me all the options in one pickup with a 3-way switch. You can switch between singles, humbuckers and P90s plus you can set them up for serial or parallel. I cant wait.

• Members

I tend to agree with WRGKMC on this. Mini humbuckers tend to give you some of the clarity and spank of single coils without all the noise.

However, I really dig a lot of different pickups. Jazzmasters, old DeArmonds, the weird mini humbuckers in my Ovation Preacher, Mustang/DuoSonic pickups, Lipstick pickups, Charlie Christians. So much goodness.

• Members
I picked Humbuckers' date=' but I’ve never tried P90s. [/quote'] You'll want to remedy that! I went with P90s because in general they're my go-to pups. That said, my faves right now are some boo-teek lipsticks I put in my PRS SE EG, absolutely amazing richness and clarity. Apples vs oranges, glad I've got both!

• Members

Stab in the dark but when I use .009's I swap out the B string, which is usually a .011, for a .012. Possibly he does something similar with Ernie Ball .010's?

Archived