April 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

GilmourD

• Members

Since Fretsy seems to be MIA, I figured I'd copy his old thread and start one for March. I'm not a mod, but if Ratae or somebody could sticky this, that would be awesome.

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Please, no political discussions.

• Members

2013 Gibson LP studio in Pelham Blue or Ebony/gold' date=' new w/ hard case, $599.99. Front page at Slickdeals, so hurry. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2013-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-107593733-i2333596.gc?CJAID=10449560&CJPID=4485850&CJSID=jPf_JrrYEeONgUYgESSkWgIRV8_UXJ04_0_0_0[/quote']

Doesn't come up when searching from GC home page, except for lefties: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2013-Les-Paul-Studio-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-107594046-i2333560.gc

Same goes for MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2013-les-paul-studio-left-handed-electric-guitar/h80016000008001?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CPid4MG9xL0CFUJqfgodN0gA2w&kwid=productads-plaid^57304290067-sku^H80016000008001@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30422004987

So this may be primarily a lefty bonus - any color you like at $600! But the original link suggests righty for the Pelham Blue and Ebony/Gold models, at least for the moment. As Fission Hole said, move fast!

• Members
Doesn't come up when searching from GC home page' date=' except for lefties: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2013-Les-Paul-Studio-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-107594046-i2333560.gc Same goes for MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2013-les-paul-studio-left-handed-electric-guitar/h80016000008001?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CPid4MG9xL0CFUJqfgodN0gA2w&kwid=productads-plaid^57304290067-sku^H80016000008001@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30422004987 So this may be primarily a lefty bonus - any color you like at $600! But the original link suggests righty for the Pelham Blue and Ebony/Gold models, at least for the moment. As Fission Hole said, move fast![/quote'] It does for me: http://m.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&ipp=15&src=Gibson+2013+les+Paul+studio&x=-248&y=-31 I ordered one early this AM, but based on the Slickdeals thread that is now a few days old I do not expect it to ship

• Members

I must say, it is amusing reading all the angry posts by the entitle brats on Slickdeals calling it "bait and switch" etc and demanding their 3 LP's they ordered. There is so much BS on there I don't know where to start but it is amusing to read. It is fitting that they feel they got jobbed by a company like GC. Some guy was babbling about how GC screwed him before and he'll never shop there again. Well, don't shop there. That should solve the problem.

• Members
I must say' date=' it is amusing reading all the angry posts by the entitle brats on Slickdeals calling it "bait and switch" etc and demanding their 3 LP's they ordered. There is so much BS on there I don't know where to start but it is amusing to read. It is fitting that they feel they got jobbed by a company like GC. Some guy was babbling about how GC screwed him before and he'll never shop there again. Well, don't shop there. That should solve the problem.[/quote']

I'm going to have to swing by there and check it out!

• Members

For the few that are left here MF has some good deals:

~~Korg Pitchblack+ Limited Edition Chrome Pedal Tuner $39

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...me-pedal-tuner

~~Roland GA-112 1X12 100W Guitar Combo Amplifier Black RESTOCK $249

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...83970002001000

~~Danelectro Cool Cat CO-2 Overdrive V2 Guitar Effects Pedal $23

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-effects-pedal

~~Blackstar HT5R 5W Tube Guitar Head White $300

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...be-guitar-head

~~Dean Vendetta 1000 Electric Guitar Transparent Black $149 w/ free Digitech RP70

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

Does anyone know how to do the red thing??

• Members
Charvel Desolation DC-1 ST. This is the more deluxe version with EMG 81/85 pickups. Black marked down to $350, transparent red for $400. The other colors are all $600 an up. I'm in for a red one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

I have one of these in trans blue that I bought when MF was doing the 150% price match and I got it for around the same price plus I think $150 in a gift card. It's a nice guitar -- neck through with EMGs. The finish is real nice. But, I don't know something about it just doesn't speak to me like my other guitars. It's been played only a few times. I guess I just have too many and too little time to play. For me I think my strat/tele copies need Floyds; otherwise, I'm picking up one of my Vs, SGs, or Les Pauls.

• Members

I have one of these in trans blue that I bought when MF was doing the 150% price match and I got it for around the same price plus I think $150 in a gift card. It's a nice guitar -- neck through with EMGs. The finish is real nice. But, I don't know something about it just doesn't speak to me like my other guitars. It's been played only a few times. I guess I just have too many and too little time to play. For me I think my strat/tele copies need Floyds; otherwise, I'm picking up one of my Vs, SGs, or Les Pauls.

Good to know. I have an upcoming recording project (drop D metal type stuff) and I figured with the neck thru and active EMGs, this would work out better than anything else I have. I've read that it's very light, and also the neck pickup is a bit on the muddy side. I hope I don't have to sink any money into this to get it right, although dropping a SD Blackout in the neck wouldn't be the end of the world if necessary.

• Members

Good to know. I have an upcoming recording project (drop D metal type stuff) and I figured with the neck thru and active EMGs, this would work out better than anything else I have. I've read that it's very light, and also the neck pickup is a bit on the muddy side. I hope I don't have to sink any money into this to get it right, although dropping a SD Blackout in the neck wouldn't be the end of the world if necessary.

It'll be great for that project! Tell me your thoughts on the neck finish once you get it. I'm curious to know what you think!

• Members

It'll be great for that project! Tell me your thoughts on the neck finish once you get it. I'm curious to know what you think!

It just arrived this morning before I left for work, so I haven't had a chance to plug in yet. I love the neck. I have one other (a 60's roadworn Strat) with a similar dry, unfinished feel. I find that when I play for any length of time, my hand tends to stick to the glossy finish on a lot of guitars. If I had enough balls, I'd sand them all down. ;) The only questionable thing so far, is where the unfinished neck and paint meet. There's an actual ridge, like a speed bump. It's not that bad of a feel, but I'm surprised they didn't try to taper it. All in all, I'm pretty happy for $399. It's not going to replace my LP, but it seems like a super machine for what it is.

• Members

It just arrived this morning before I left for work, so I haven't had a chance to plug in yet. I love the neck. I have one other (a 60's roadworn Strat) with a similar dry, unfinished feel. I find that when I play for any length of time, my hand tends to stick to the glossy finish on a lot of guitars. If I had enough balls, I'd sand them all down. ;) The only questionable thing so far, is where the unfinished neck and paint meet. There's an actual ridge, like a speed bump. It's not that bad of a feel, but I'm surprised they didn't try to taper it. All in all, I'm pretty happy for $399. It's not going to replace my LP, but it seems like a super machine for what it is.

That was exactly my thinking when I unboxed mine. It's got to be a tape line and that'd be the only thing I'd complain about on the guitar. I love the unfinished neck also as I have the same issue with my hands sticking to glossy necks after longer play times; but, I don't have the balls to sand mine down either haha. My DC-1 ST did have one spot on the fretboard where one of the inlays wasn't done very well, but otherwise it's perfect. I haven't played mine enough to give an opinion on the sound from the neck-through design and the EMGs. I should get it out more. Did yours come with a gig bag? I managed to get one with mine but I hear that's not the norm.

• Members

That was exactly my thinking when I unboxed mine. It's got to be a tape line and that'd be the only thing I'd complain about on the guitar. I love the unfinished neck also as I have the same issue with my hands sticking to glossy necks after longer play times; but, I don't have the balls to sand mine down either haha. My DC-1 ST did have one spot on the fretboard where one of the inlays wasn't done very well, but otherwise it's perfect. I haven't played mine enough to give an opinion on the sound from the neck-through design and the EMGs. I should get it out more. Did yours come with a gig bag? I managed to get one with mine but I hear that's not the norm.

​No gig bag with mine, but that's fine, since I'll use a better case for transport. I do have some issues with the EMG 85. It's not articulate and lacks definition. The 81 at the bridge sounds fantastic..not much different from a Blackouts. The dilemma is, do I live with it or swap out the 85? My other thought is, is it possible to wire a passive pickup in the neck? I kind of like the idea of tossing something like a Pearly Gates in the neck and having the screamer in the bridge, making it a dual beast. Not sure how practical it would be, but it might be cool. Or maybe there's another active pickup option out there...haven't really investigated the options yet.

• Members
Do you bass? Zoom Multistomp MS-60B. Normally $100' date=' SamAsh $70. Haven't tried one myself, but if it's any indication, I have a Zoom MS-100BT and I was more impressed than I expected. [/quote'] The guitar-oriented Zoom Multi-Stomps are also on sale at Sam Ash. The MS-100BT is about $50 off and MS-70CDR is about $20 off, both at $99.77, and the MS-50g is about $30 off at $69.77. Who has a good coupon to sweeten the deal?

Archived