Arbor guitars

StratAttackJack

• Members

Anybody hear ever play an Arbor guitar? I've heard bad things about them before, but recently a friend of mine who owns a music store snagged a bunch of these floyd rose equipped guitars. I'd say they look like an ibanez more than a jackson, but they have neck/bridge humbuckers with a single coil in the middle. Thing is he is only selling them for $160 so he must got a great deal somewhere. They actually play really well when u get them set up.

needless to say i bought one because i own strats exclusively and wanted somthing i could dive bomb on with humbuckers(which will be replaced soon), at under 200 bucks this seemed unbelievable!

• Members

Years ago, 1983 to be exact, I bought an Arbor Explorer copy. Set neck, brass nut, brass looking set strat style bridge. I Loved it. Played great, sounded good. Sold it once, bought it back 6 months later, at a reduced cost. Alas though I later traded it for a 4x12 cab cause I needed one in a pinch and never saw it again.

I've seen later ones with bolt on necks that weren't worth the time or effort. As far as yours being a bolt on style to begin with, if you like it it's worth it.

Also if anyone has or knows of an explorer like I described up front. I'd be interested. My local Music-Go-Round has an Arbor Flying-V like my explorer but I'm not interested in that.

• Members

I remember Arbor they were in alot of stores by me in the 80's pretty paintjobs,uneven frets god awful electronics played quite a few of em too and had freinds that owned them.There were a few that were ok i guess. I almost bought one a year or so ago at a thrift shop like $40 seemed to be a decent fixer upper Tele clone.

• Members

I had one that I bought used in 1999, it was pretty beat up then, but it was a player with a brass nut and locking tuners. I ended up trading it to the guitarist of another band for a tube amp head. I definately got the better of the deal.

• 7 years later...

Archived