Can you say "SCORE" ?

Forbidden

• Members

Originally posted by Europa760

i dont get whats so special about it.

as long they have a good fretwork done, theyre all the same to me.

they should all cost the same. just cuz they put different cosmetic {censored} on it, they think its more valuable.

forget that.

:confused:

Have a problem with les pauls ? :)

Would you mind making your post a tad clearer, it's a bit vague.

• Members

Forbidden....congrats on a GREAT score! I've not had the pleasure of an R8 yet, but I know the guys that own them are way high on 'em. I dig plaintops as well, you got a great lookin guitar there...I hope she plays out perfectly when you get her.

Mr. Plank....you're not serious, right....please tell me you know better..

Georges...for the record, that one has a maple cap :)

• Members

Originally posted by bikehorn

i can say "sick score but i'm never going to pay that much for a guitar"

Works out cheaper than a new LP Standard here, we get ripped off for Gibsons.

geddins81 : I dig the plaintops on the R8's, plus I already have a flamey R9 so I need something not so in your face and plain tops are beautiful.

georges : Nice LP !!!

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Europa760

i dont get whats so special about it.

as long they have a good fretwork done, theyre all the same to me.

they should all cost the same. just cuz they put different cosmetic {censored} on it, they think its more valuable.

forget that.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Nice axe. If I had that kind of cash today I would buy a Japanese Strat $350, Epiphone Korina Flying V $450, a sweet necked BC Rich Warlock (and I don't even like Warlocks, but if the pups are decent on the one I played yesterday...well worth $200 bucks and the neck was as good as on my Les Paul...I would probably go out on a limb and buy this Mexican Strat too because it was just sweet, though the fret job sucked royally $350...okay, what am I up to cha-ching $1350...now you see why so gfew people are buying them...

...then I would add this very nice, but belt scratched backside, cherry Les Paul Studio...I think it was a nineties model...$600 and I would go back to the pawn shop and walk out with one of those Peavey classics they're trying to rip off customers on, for $300. They are asking over five...but puhleeze...the guys actually playing on these are selling them for $300 bucks. Why in the hell should I pay a bunch of shylocks over market value for an amp that clearly has not seen the light of day in like twenty years!?

Okay so where am I? $2250 One hundred dollars more than you spent (uh...looking back I see you did spend this much!) on what is an absolutely beautiful Les Paul to the point I would have a hard on too if it were mine...but at the end of the day, I could have five nice guitarsexcepting the razor sharp edges on the Mexican Strat's frets which would need a professional Luthier to fix...

This is how a lot of players look at these instruments. It's not that they have anything against Les Pauls. They are just a boatload of cash and honestly, I would have the Les Paul Studio in the bunch of what I had spent, plus four other pretty sweet guitars at least I know the Jap Strat was, the Epiphone Korina was, and for $200 bucks, the god Ugly Warlock really was finished immaculately... Cha-ching!

• Members

Also...so I'm not totally off, I am in disagreement with Europa as I'm sure most of are. All guitars are not created equally. You just cannot argue that some plywood hackjob stands up to flame top maple. You can't. It's ludicrous. I agree there would be more choice if more guitars were finished like Gibsons, but I bet you would have to really shop around to find other makers who so consistently have good finishes.

Of all the guitars I look at regularly, the only one's I've found finished as well consistently as the Les Pauls are Epiphones and a hell of a lot of BC Rich necks. You might find Martins or Taylors on the acoustic side, and I have not yet played an Agile, but if they are finished like guys rave so regularly, I'll own one of them before it's all over. Someone posted a Rootbeer finished one recently that was really fine looking, for like $350 because it was the top of the line.

Oh and on top of this...some of Fender's Squiers are finished better than the real thing...pitiful but true.

• Members

nice

my R8 was the second best instrument i've ever played, next to my R7

i regretted selling even before it was sold, but when you can sell a guitar 3 months after buying it brand new for the same price you paid brand new, it's hard to complain

• Members

Originally posted by SHIVmongrel

nice

my R8 was the second best instrument i've ever played, next to my R7

i regretted selling even before it was sold, but when you can sell a guitar 3 months after buying it brand new for the same price you paid brand new, it's hard to complain

Due to the exchange rate even if I sold it, it'd be rather easy to break even or make a slight profit.

• Members

Originally posted by XeroStar33

Looks like I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Yeah I was thinking that but I doubt the guy's thrown it up and slammed it into the wall instead of carefully placing it.

Sparky6string : Yep, it is a great perspective and what's even better is I could sell it for profit if I don't like it. :)

Archived