Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Pickup match for JB in a Gibson LP for the neck position.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup match for JB in a Gibson LP for the neck position.

What is a good match for a JB SH-4 for a les paul in the neck position?

Candidates are the

Alnico Pro II

Jazz

'59

I want clear cleans and fat leads. The latter is the most important for me. I want long sustain and a great lead tone like. I like to squeeze out the juice out of notes so this is why i need such a sound.

thanks

'59.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by lastcall </i><br />
    <b>Listen you tree hugging hippi. Next time a real rocker tries to sell you some gear to help you shred better you had best say, &quot;thank you sir but we're not talented enough to shred&quot;. Then as a show of respect you should ask to see his favorite Ibanez, or ask to touch his mullet for luck. Then maybe, just maybe he'll teach you some of his shredding secrets, and you'll be on your way to being real rock stars. </b>

</div>
    </div>
    </div> </font></div>

Comment

jazz all the way
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot; They’ve filled up all the spaces with tricks and fast scales, and space is probably the most important element in music. &quot;<br />
      </div>

Comment

fiddy-nine
        <div class="signaturecontainer">'91 Hamer Sunburst USA (SD '59 N &amp; Alnico II Pro B) -&gt; DB01 Cry Wah -&gt; Digitech Whammy WH-4 -&gt; Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo</div>

Comment

You've answered your own question well. Any of those will do great! Pearly gates would be anothe great option- good sparkle and clarity.....but then you get that witht the Jazz but less output!!!!
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Before you judge somebody, walk first a mile in their shoes. Then at least you'll be a mile away from them and have a new pair of shoes!!!!!!!!<br />
          <br />
          <a href="http://www.wigan-mobile-guitar-lessons.co.uk/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.wigan-mobile-guitar-lessons.co.uk/index.html</a></div>

Comment

I've got a 59 in the neck of my tokai love rock. GREAT cleans and distorted rhythms!

Comment

Jazz or '59 like everyone else said. Jazz is a little brighter.

Comment

Jazz sounded the nicest to me. So I ordered a JB and a Jazz.

They will be here next week!

Comment

I have a 59 in the bridge of my SG. I'm surprised at how dark and low output it is. The 57 Classic in the neck is brighter than it and hotter. I guess it's time to play with pole pieces.

The 59 sounds fantastic though. I'm almost contemplating taking out the 57 Classic and sticking a 59 in there.

Comment

Originally posted by pureanalog
                    Jazz sounded the nicest to me. So I ordered a JB and a Jazz.

They will be here next week!

Good choice. I made the same decision a few weeks back. My guitar had the Korean Jazz/JB HB102 set so I swapped them for the real deal. Sounds great. I was afraid a '59 would be a little too dark but in some ways I wish I had tried it out just to see how it would sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrilla
                      fiddy-nine

Comment

Working...
                      X