Reverse spam. Looking for 80's Tokai Love Rock

ojgibbins

• Members

Originally posted by ojgibbins

Sorry to spam it up but i have been looking for weeks.

Does anyone know any for sale?

I have $600

Cheers!

Owen

Here's one sitting at $505 right now...but with 8 days left, it will probably go over your limit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38086&item=7316792511&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Look also at Burnys and Grecos...you might be able to get one of those for $600. You're going to have a tough time finding a MIJ Love Rock for $600 (plus the $125 shipping from Japan).

• Members

well you added $100.00 to your original budget...or did you subtract $100.00?

Just so you know it may be possible... found a 1978 Tokai LS60 Les Paul Reborn at a local pawn shop last year that had been modified with Duncam pups, and 3 pull up pots for the Jimmy Page mod, one tuner had been replaced too. Had I been looking for a collectable Tokai I wouldn`t have bought it because of all the changes but it sounded so darn good I had to buy it inspite of the mods... and the good news...paid less than $300.00 for it. The Duncans alone here will cost me nearly as much as I paid for the guitar. I`m in a small city in Japan where there is less compettion for guitars but in cities like Tokyo, I`d have paid a lot more for the guitar. So...good luck hope it works out.

• Members

maybe outside Japan they do but here, they`re getting very expensive. Their top of the line models sell for quite a bit more now than they did new... models from -800 series and up. The Japanese have discovered just how great old Grecos are. I have 3 late 70s strats that are fantastic.

• Members

Originally posted by zenbu

maybe outside Japan they do but here, they`re getting very expensive. Their top of the line models sell for wuite a bit more now than they did new... models from -800 series and up. The Japanese have discovered just how great old Grecos are. I have 3 late 70s strats that are fantastic.

I've noticed of late that the Greco and Burny have been selling higher on ebay then they did a little while back.

Edwards/ESP seem to be the best bang for the buck on Ebay right now.

Don't think people have caught onto them as much. YET!

you can usually score them near mint on Ebay for around $600 range. But, be sure to add the $120 shipping fee if ordring from Japan.

Seems the Japan Tokai and Orvilles are hitting the upper $800 and over range. Which is getting very close to used Heritage and USA Hamer prices. Which may be easier to score one of those instead.

One last one to check out.

Dean EVO Premium or Deluxe.

These are not Korean.

They are Czech crafted.

Quality is excellent.

No longer made.

But, when they do pop up on Ebay, you can score them for around the $600 range.

Archived