unscrewing pickup height adjust screw ???

boutros

• Members

hello,

got my first strat recently (am deluxe mahogany : s/s/h). as you probably know the pickguard is covered with that plastic film. So i peel it off and of course there are little pieces hanging outt from under the screws.

getting it from under the pickguard screws is no problem. But i am unsure about the pickup adjust screws. If i completely unscrew one of these screws is it gonna be tough to get the screw hole lined back up, or will i end up having a spring get dropped into the cavity, or some other such pain?

Or is it just unscrew/rescrew no problem?

thanks alot,

boutros

• Members

You'll probably have to completely remove the pickguard and then remove the pickup height adjustment screws. Or, you might be able to use tweezers to pick out the bits of plastic stuck under the screws.

• Members

The adjustment screw has a spring around it, you could just lift up on the pickup and it should coil the spring and the screw shoudl pull up with the pickup then you can pick the plastic out.

Also pop the knobs off and dig the film out from under them also. They can bind after a while and loosen the nut.

• Members

lifting the pickup worked for the humbucker but not the 2 singles.

when i set the guitar up for .10's instead of the .09's that cam on it i will pull off the pickguard and check it all out then.

peace,

boutros

Archived