Any good Ric clones out there?

FuzzBob

• Members

I'm looking for the same equivalent to Rickenbackers as Tokai is to Gibson or Dillion is to PRS. Does such a thing exist?

My axes take some abuse, and even though I can afford it with some budgeting, I just can't stomach dropping $1.7K on anything that's going to get shiners (both as in the scratch and the beer) all over it in 6 months.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Originally posted by 's mel gibson

Buy it all used! Get it for the cheapest price you can find. To hell with posing with a new instrument that is a copy.

Get a used one for under or around $500us.

thanks for your help jerk :mad:

:D :D

where are these $500 and under Rics?

• Members

Rickenbaker is one of the most agressive manufacturers as far as going after clone builders. They don't even make it easy to buy replacement parts for fear that someone is going to use them to build a clone. I've heard of custom builders creating a one-off copy of a Ric getting "cease and desist" letters. Ebay auctions listing Ric clones are usually pulled within hours.

I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck finding a Ric clone. I'm not going to say it's impossible, just difficult.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Not impossible - just an hour or so away.

{censored}, not even 45 minutes. It takes less time for me to get to SoCo then it does to commute in-town to work each morning.

SO, there are clones hanging around Austin? Do tell me more.

Archived