Trigger...hesitation...nahhhh...

jerry_picker

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

I
almost
pulled the trigger on this one, but something held me back...

did I miss out on anything?

Nope.

For the same or within about $20 you could get the same without the "Squire series" on the headstock. At least I could locally. My MIM Fender Strat was $150, and within the last week I've seen another Fender MIM Strat tagged for the same.

BK

• Members

Not a bad guitar, but nothing special.....

1995 MIM Squier, and probably worth the price if the neck/frets are in good to excellent condition.

Guy that works for Fender once told me the MIM Squiers were actually put together using "on hand" components that were two or three years old.

So they are more or less actual MIM Standard Strats, but without "current year" components.

• Members
Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Not a bad guitar, but nothing special.....

1995 MIM Squier, and probably worth the price if the neck/frets are in good to excellent condition.

Guy that works for Fender once told me the MIM Squiers were actually put together using "on hand" components that were two or three years old.

So they are more or less actual MIM Standard Strats, but without "current year" components.

Not bad for the price, but not the bargain of the century either. I'd like to hope the seller was just being a little bit ignorant rasther than deliberately misleading in selling as a "Fender" rather than a Squier badged as a Fender. I remember these new - didn't get one cause they were all lefty - and they were nice. I think that's a fair price (it'd be a steal over here, but in the US i think it's about right) for one of those.... Had it been a JV Series, now, then I'd have said you shoulda pulled that trigger HARD! ;)

Archived