falling in love with fender

fusionid

• Members

am I sick or something? growing up I never really liked fender stuff. I always played ibanez and jacksons. If someone told me a year ago I would have a strat now I would have told them off... I just bought one. The truth is that even though we talk about gourmet amps and gourmet guitars, fenders are working amps and guitars. There is no other product that is used more in gigging bands, period. They just make good stuff, heck they have those cheapo MIM that are great too. I love the twin, deville and the vibrolux and I could gig with any of the after mentioned. Simply good stuff.

• Members

I called a local tech to have the buzz feiten installed in my new strat and I had to leave a message. He called me back and I wasnt available and left a message, it was nice to hear him say "your strat"

LOL

The guy who taught me how to play the guitar used to say, it doesnt matter what you play right now, we will all play fenders and gibson after we've been playing for many years.

• Members

I know what you mean, I'm getting a strat soon. Not a Fender though, I'm having a local luthier build one up to my own specs.

Currently I play a Jackson that I love, but there is just something about a strat. It is so practical and basic, yet beautiful in its simplicity.

I can't wait to get my hands on the custom. It'll be a blend between the traditional Strat look and modern playability, vintage white with a maple neck and fretboard. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage pickups, Ibanez JS model neck profile and compound fretboard radius...

It will be a thing of beauty.

• Members

I just love everything about fender!!!!

The other guitarist of my band loves gibson!!!!

So our sound has a very interesting dialog!!!

Fender rules, everything I own and has the fender brand on it si worth every eurocent I've paid!!!!!!

:)

• Members

My 89 MIJ strat w/ EMGs is my favorite guitar. I've owned it three years now, and I've done the Ibanez thing, the ESP thing, the Schecter thing, none of them satisfy like the fender thing! That being said, all of those other guitars are decent, especially my PT, but let's just say that if there were a fire in my apartment, I'd grab the strat first. To be honest though, I'm about to do the hamer thing too, I would like a guitar with some humbuckers too.

Adam Weber

• Members

May sound wierd, but my favorite guitar is a fender strat.....not knock-offs like anderson or whatever, just fende. Won't touch anything else anymore. they always just work for me. The wierd part is i've played thru tons of fender amps and never heard one i even remotly like.

Archived