Brand new Les Paul Standard - Question about case?

jcm800stratman

• Members

I just bought a new Les Paul Standard yesterday - I will post images tomorrow - but I had a question about the case I got with it. The body of the guitar fits in fine and so does the neck, yet when I go to close the case I need push it down some to latch it. This is mainly at the neck end of the case. Is this normal? I don't want to put any extra stress on the neck, but I think it might just be the toggle switch that is holding the case latch up? Anybody notice this? My SG hardcase isn't like this - so I was curious. BTW, the guitar is awesome - It has nice flame and is Ice tea burst.

• Members

That's good. You want a tight fit especially at the neck. That way it doesn't rattle around in the case. It doesn't take a mini jolt every time you bump something.

Ideally i want my guitar to just squeeze into the case and a little pressure to close at the neck.

Sounds like you have a good fit.

I don't think the toggle switch would prevent it from closing.

You did get a- black tolex, Gibson stencilled on the side, shroud in case right?

• Members

Rabies- Yes it is a Gibson case, with all the trimmings. I guess maybe the fit is just different from my SG Standard in its case. It definitely holds it snug in there which is good. The neck is definitely supported well too.

keith- I bought it locally at Alto Music in Wappingers Falls, NY...They had it at a pretty good price so after my wife okayed it (she's great btw), I bought it.

Archived