Have you ever complained to a manufacturer about a product?

BowerR64

• Members

A few weeks ago i got 2 sets of DAddario nickel XL strings. One set had the high E string unwind and eventualy break at the bridge. Now the other set is unwinding on the G string. You can see in the picture where it has slipped down already.

The other string broke at the ball after it slipped all the way to the end.

2 packs both had issues

• Members

I emailed GHS about two bad sets of strings. They sent me 5 packs in the mail, free! Also, these seem to be like the old GHS. I think they had {censored} at Walmart. I noticed today that Walmart did not have any GHS strings.

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

I emailed GHS about two bad sets of strings. They sent me 5 packs in the mail, free! Also, these seem to be like the old GHS. I think they had {censored} at Walmart. I noticed today that Walmart did not have any GHS strings.

These arnt GHS and i didnt get em from wallmart LOL. I have bought strings from walmart but i didnt have a problem with them other then they sound like crap. They held up though

A free set would be cool as long as they last more then a few weeks. I didnt even play these that much at all. They still look shinny and new with no dents. I think they were like $7. a pack too :mad:

• Members

You can tell when they are going bad, when you tune the string up the pitch doesnt change. Thats what it did just before the high E went. This one just started to do it so i stopped and dtuned the string to inspect it. The G hasnt broke yet but its about to.

I wanted to play that guitar tonight too. :(

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

You can tell when they are going bad, when you tune the string up the pitch doesnt change. Thats what it did just before the high E went. This one just started to do it so i stopped and dtuned the string to inspect it. The G hasnt broke yet but its about to.

I wanted to play that guitar tonight too.
:(

Foogetaboutit and drink some beer.... :D

• Members

Not guitar related

I complained to Coors a couple times. I called their 1-800number. Every once in a while I would get a 12 pack that just tasted bad.

After talking with them they wanted me to ship the remaining beer to them. Then they gave me free t-shirts, key chain, magnets, pens,and a check for the price of the beer.

• Members

This fall, I interned in the parts quality department of a auto manufactuer, basically my job was to complain to the subsupliers about problems with their parts, and to work with them to develop countermeasures to correct the issues.

• Members

Originally posted by BluePowder7

seven bucks a set!?!? whoa - pricey. even up here in Canada, i pay less than $6 Cdn which should be like $4.50 US. and i've never had an electric D'Addario unravel on me. i did have one of their classical sets unwind after about a year, though

Wow. I dont' get that kind of a deal unless I buy them in bulk--7 bucks a set for D'Addarios is aboutr standard where I am... or maybe I'm an idiot.

They're both equally possible.

• Members

Originally posted by Drazden

Wow. I dont' get that kind of a deal unless I buy them in bulk--7 bucks a set for D'Addarios is aboutr standard where I am... or maybe I'm an idiot.

They're both equally possible.

i just bought 5-6 sets of EXL110W's for like $5.85 Cdn a pack and that was sticker price at Long&McQuade. i used to buy at Steve's for nearly $7 a set, but no more after that. i'd rather pay less.

$7 US a set would be high, but $7 Cdn isn't too bad.

• Members

Originally posted by BluePowder7

i just bought 5-6 sets of EXL110W's for like $5.85 Cdn a pack and that was sticker price at Long&McQuade. i used to buy at Steve's for nearly $7 a set, but no more after that. i'd rather pay less.

$7 US a set would be high, but $7 Cdn isn't too bad.

All right! Time to go down to L&M!!! I string all my guitars with D'Addario 10's, so I just buy as many as my wallet allows.

Yes!

• Members

I've had webstrings send me a pack short one string before. I emailed them, and had another pack on its way to me the same day.

For all the bitching that goes on about this manufacturer or that one, its amazing what a little communication can do. Most companies are quick to make it right and keep their customers happy. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.;)

• Members

I've done so several times, although not with guitar related companies. I had a real tough time with Samsung's top of the line CRT model - had about 4 of them before I got a refund because they were all crap. Now I've got a Viewsonic 20" TFT that is still not quite what it should be..keeping the brightness below 100% makes the monitor buzz. Apparently this has been fixed but I just haven't got around to getting a replacement yet. Had to do that with a couple of other units because the colors on them went nuts.

The way I see it nothing would get fixed if somebody didn't complain. I feel like last year I was both Samsung and Viewsonic's {censored}in' testing department. :mad:

Archived