ibanez zr trem setup

herbivore

• Members

I have an Ibanez S1625tks and it is currently setup in D (dgcfad). It has the D-tuner on it, but when utilized it takes the D string to Eb instead of C. How would I go about taking it to C, so that the D-tuner works correctly in this tuning. I would one day like to figure this trem out completely (I feel like an idiot not being able to set it all up myself, but it's no stoptail), but for now I would just like to fix the tuning and jam. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Members

Download this, http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals/ibz_03_prestige_manual.pdf , and jump down to page 34 of the manual. That will take care of most of your setup issues outside the d-tuner.

For the D-tuner, you need to set it to the position that gets you Eb currently, then retune the string at the headstock so that it's in your desired regular tuning in that position(in this case: D). Outside that, I don't know how that system actually works, so a more recent manual would be of help here. Maybe someone else will chime in and help on this...

You should've gotten a manual with the guitar if you bought it new, and if the store didn't give you one I'd go back there and complain at them till they do. :)

• Members

Thank you :)

I assume the person just did not have the d-tuner set correctly when they tuned, and didn't notice until after everything was locked. I just wanted to make sure that re-tuning that top string to C wouldn't mess up everything else on the guitar ie: intonation, action, and all that.

Archived