X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement pickups for Fender wide-range humbuckers

Anyone know where I can find some aftermarket pickups that are the same size as the wide-range humbuckers in a tele thinline/custom/deluxe? I'm looking for something a little hotter.

Originally posted by Mittermax
    Anyone know where I can find some aftermarket pickups that are the same size as the wide-range humbuckers in a tele thinline/custom/deluxe? I'm looking for something a little hotter.

As far as I know they don't exist. Why do you need hotter pickups anywas, I always thought the wide rangers were the selling point of those guitars. Perhaps I'm wrong though, god knows that 3 bolt neck with the sticky finish is sooo appealing as well. Or the faulty pickup switch. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as a normal tele.(i'm assuming your talking about a RI, if you're talking about modding the original, your a moron )

Sorry, I just get a little skeptical and angry when people want hotter P'ups. Always makes me worry they're going to do something like EMG's

Comment

The reason I want to change the PUs is to even out the volume between my tele deluxe (yes, it's the reissue) and my strat. I've got hot rails in the strat and I love the edge it gives it. When I switch guitars, I have to adjust my pedals and amp volume to the difference of the guitars output.

The new (RI) widerange pickups are a little dull sounding. I've heard this from a lot of other RI owners too. Adjusting the pole pieces might get me a little closer, but I'm not about to start messing with those.

If I could find some of the originals, I would definitely try those. For now, I'll try an equalizer in front of the other pedals for a slight boost when I'm using the tele deluxe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless

As far as I know they don't exist. Why do you need hotter pickups anywas, I always thought the wide rangers were the selling point of those guitars. Perhaps I'm wrong though, god knows that 3 bolt neck with the sticky finish is sooo appealing as well. Or the faulty pickup switch. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as a normal tele.(i'm assuming your talking about a RI, if you're talking about modding the original, your a moron )

Sorry, I just get a little skeptical and angry when people want hotter P'ups. Always makes me worry they're going to do something like EMG's

WOW! Who put the kitty litter in your KY?
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font size="2"><font color="Purple">Hey, Cancer! **************** You!</font></font></div></div>

Comment

Working...
        X