Check out my new guitar !!!!

JWBlues

• Members

I got my new Zion Bent T last week! It is awesome!!!

Spec's:

Alder body with a AAAAA quilt maple top

Transparent Royal Dark Blue Mist with natural Binding

Matching Royal dark blue quilt headstock

Back of body to be finished the same

MOP truss rod cover

Rosewood fingerboard, Abalone Dot inlays

No pickguard, Rear-routed electronics

All Chrome/Nickel Hardware and knobs

Chrome Wilkinson VS-100 bridge with Trem Arm

Chrome Sperzel locking Tuners

5 way switch

1 volume, 1 tone knobs

1 volume for Piezo with push for mid boost

Toggle for Mag/Blend/Piezo

Chrome Schaller Strap Locks

Using the Lindy Fralins Blues Special/UNbucker (S/S/H)

Graph Tech Piezo Ghost system

1c2cc32c.jpg

It is darker blue in person than the picture which is exactly what I wanted. The guys at Zion nailed the color that I was after. The quilt top is truly stunning.

The neck is perfect for me and it plays like a dream!

I love the Piezo sound and the blended sound. The Fralin Blues Specials are very well balanced with tons of strat spank.

The unbucker is very cool too - very full sounding. Very different from my Duncan Custom Custom that is in my Primera. It sounds MUCH better split than the Duncans do.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

i won't even ask how much that cost....

Do the dots on the neck match the finish? That is really cool...

What are the pups like?

Abalone dot inlays have several colors in them and they pick up the blue nicely. They look great on this guitar.

I love Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. Very SRV'ish. Lots of spank and bark. They really need an alder body to shine (which is why I went with alder over ash). The unbucker matches up with them great.

Here is info on them:

Blues Specials - "This set is wound with 42 SPN and has 5% more turns than the Vintage Hot. This makes it a 5% stronger pickup. It will have 5% more mids and 5% less high end. It is ideal for a stock sound with just enough thickness for single note soloing.

Approximate Ohm Readings:

Neck - 6.2 K

Reverse Middle - 6.2 K "

Unbucker -

"In our Unbucker, we wind the screw coil stronger than the slug coil. This makes the pickup sound a little more single coil, but the best reason to do this is for coil tapping. When tapped the stronger coil is active as opposed to half a pickup. Combining the two coils gives a total ohm reading or approximate output to compare to normal humbuckers."

• Members

zenbu and Kevman and sonrise : Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words!

onewhiteduck: I'm going to try to take some myself and I'll post them. The floods are too bright on the ones that the Zion factory took. The blue is much better in person.

Teleken: Thanks and LaXu is correct on the bridge.

LaXu: The fretboard is just looks light because of the lights. These guitars are expensive (as you know) and I have a lot of options added to mine, including a special neck size. The guys at Zion are great to work with and it was well worth it.

Archived