Ibanez Neck on Warmoth Body?

AsGoDaS

• Members

It probably won't work without some modification to either the body or the neck. Warmoth builds their stuff as direct replacement for Fender, so unless the measurements on Ibanez are exactly like Fender, which I highly doubt, then they won't be a direct retro-fit.

You could take some measurements of the neck heel and the distance from the nut to the end of the heel and see if it matches the specs posted on Warmoth's site, but I wouldn't expect them to.

• Members

No

You will need to modify the neck pocket on the body and finish the body afterwards.

Make sure you try it on scrap first.

There is a company somewhere that builds replacement bodies if you need it. Check out jemsite or ibanezrules for the company - sites are blocked at my work.

Jon

• Members

Originally posted by squealie

Hmm.

I put a Warmoth neck on a Radius body, and it worked perfectly.

That's because the Radius Series used a 22 fret neck. ;)

A 24 fret "All Access Neck Joint"(AANJ) neck from an RG220 will not intonate if you put it on a body designed for a 22 fret neck(like a Warmoth). You'll need to literally move the neck pocket closer to the bridge by routing wood out the the guitar. :(

Check out EKG(www.ekgco.com) or LGM Guitars(www.lgmguitars.com) either of which can make you a body that will fit that AANJ neck you have.

Archived