classical necks

toneboy720

• Members

are there any electric guitars out there that have anything that is close to a classical neck? I have quite long fingers and my thumb allways wraps around the neck when i'm playing. The only one I've seen is the Carvin Holdsworth Fatboy but that isn't available in the UK.

• Members

not really. classical necks are 2" wide or even a shade bigger, whereas the biggest production guitars tend to run 1.75" (1-3/4"). the other factor is that classicals are dead flat on the fingerboard - there is no radius to speak of.

you can try to hunt down an old rare Fender that was made with a 1-7/8" neck, or maybe find a 12-string and do it up with only 6 strings. or go custom, like Warmoth or USA Custom Guitars. my Strat neck is from USACG and it's a 1-7/8".

• Members

Originally posted by toneboy720

are there any electric guitars out there that have anything that is close to a classical neck? I have quite long fingers and my thumb allways wraps around the neck when i'm playing. The only one I've seen is the Carvin Holdsworth Fatboy but that isn't available in the UK.

Do you want a classical neck and nylon strings on an electric?

• Members

Originally posted by toneboy720

Do you know how much I hate you??

I wish I had that problem! Mine is just the opposite and much harder to deal with(short fingers). Why can't you get Carvins over there?

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

Do you know how much I hate you??

I wish I had that problem! Mine is just the opposite and much harder to deal with(short fingers). Why can't you get Carvins over there?

Check out Hofners if you have short fingers.

• Members

Warmoth makes a 1 7/8" replacement neck for strats and/or teles. I believe Jason Lollar makes custom guitars with a 1 7/8" neck. On the accoustic side Taylor used to have a 1 7/8" option on the accoustics, not sure if they still do it or not.

Archived