X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classical necks

are there any electric guitars out there that have anything that is close to a classical neck? I have quite long fingers and my thumb allways wraps around the neck when i'm playing. The only one I've seen is the Carvin Holdsworth Fatboy but that isn't available in the UK.
    The £850 ($1600) rig is:
    Epiphone Dot
    Laney LC15R
    Korg AX1500G
    Boss DR-880

not really. classical necks are 2" wide or even a shade bigger, whereas the biggest production guitars tend to run 1.75" (1-3/4"). the other factor is that classicals are dead flat on the fingerboard - there is no radius to speak of.

you can try to hunt down an old rare Fender that was made with a 1-7/8" neck, or maybe find a 12-string and do it up with only 6 strings. or go custom, like Warmoth or USA Custom Guitars. my Strat neck is from USACG and it's a 1-7/8".
    slight spam:
    8 ohm Vintage 30
    8 ohm Legend V12
    8 ohm Private Jack

Soldano Amps Forum
    http://soldano.conforums.com

Jackson / Charvel Guitars Forum
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums

Nick Kay Fenders love stomp boxes like fat kids love cake.

Comment

Doesn't one of the Chet Atkins signature guitars have a classical style neck? It's an electric and I'm not sure if it's solid or hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by toneboy720
        are there any electric guitars out there that have anything that is close to a classical neck? I have quite long fingers and my thumb allways wraps around the neck when i'm playing. The only one I've seen is the Carvin Holdsworth Fatboy but that isn't available in the UK.

Do you want a classical neck and nylon strings on an electric?
        THE MAZI BEE MILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by toneboy720

Do you know how much I hate you??

I wish I had that problem! Mine is just the opposite and much harder to deal with(short fingers). Why can't you get Carvins over there?
          FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
          2008 Fender American standard strat
          Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
          Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
          SX SST62 - FOR SALE
          Custom made Tele
          Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
          Vox AC4TV - Love it
          Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
          Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

Originally posted by chiro972

Do you know how much I hate you??

I wish I had that problem! Mine is just the opposite and much harder to deal with(short fingers). Why can't you get Carvins over there?

Check out Hofners if you have short fingers.
            THE MAZI BEE MILITIA

Comment

Warmoth makes a 1 7/8" replacement neck for strats and/or teles. I believe Jason Lollar makes custom guitars with a 1 7/8" neck. On the accoustic side Taylor used to have a 1 7/8" option on the accoustics, not sure if they still do it or not.
              Is it you or the equipment?

Comment

Working...
              X