For Post 666

JoeBoy

• Members

From what I read, they needed to go back and do some redesign since they were getting wacked with lawsuit action for copying existing appearances

IIRC, there are some trickling out of a few online suppliers now. There was recently a bass pedal review linked in Effects.

btw, that's kinda low on the evil meter for your 666th post.:p

• Members

I read this recently in another Forum...

"Regarding the new BEHRINGER STOMP BOXES..... i called Behringer in Washington and talked to the tech , who IS a guitar player and I asked him not to bull{censored} me.... do these boxes sound good or not.... i asked..... he assured me as a guitar player they sound like the real deal and are NOT noisy. I think Behringer IS in fact revolutionizing the pedal industry by making them SUPER AFFORDABLE TO EVERYONE... keep your eyes on MAY / JUNE.."

• Members

And this as well:

"I saw the Behringer pedals at NAMM, and I remember being a bit taken back by their appearance. They really did look very Boss-esque. But then again, the newest Digitech pedals look somewhat Boss-like to me too... but not nearly as much as the Behringers do. Do they have a place in the market? Well, the prices are silly low - but I didn't get to hear what they sound like. Assuming Boss doesn't have a trademark on the switchdeck design or general shape, and Behringer didn't cop their circuits, and assuming Behringer DOES change the color schemes, they MIGHT get away with the similar look... but the courts and lawyers will decide that one. It does make me personally feel a bit uneasy though, although I can see the appeal for players on an ultra-tight budget.

BTW, in the Mackie vs Behringer lawsuit, apparently one of the terms of the settlement was that the board in question (Eurodesk MX8000 IIRC) could no longer be sold in the USA, although I believe it was still offered for sale in other parts of the world."

• Members

Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

I read this recently in another Forum...

"Regarding the new BEHRINGER STOMP BOXES..... i called Behringer in Washington and talked to the tech , who IS a guitar player and I asked him not to bull{censored} me.... do these boxes sound good or not.... i asked..... he assured me as a guitar player they sound like the real deal and are NOT noisy. I think Behringer IS in fact revolutionizing the pedal industry by making them SUPER AFFORDABLE TO EVERYONE... keep your eyes on MAY / JUNE.."

I love that passage....I called someone who works for the company and asked him not to bull{censored} me...bawhahahahaha.

anyhow:

"in the words of Dennis Houlihan, head honcho of Roland US "Imitation is not flattery, and is far from sincere, when the subject is Roland's valuable trade dress. Roland has expended monumental effort and substantial amounts to create and promote the design elements of its BOSS line of guitar effects pedals. Behringer's replication of the famous BOSS trade dress has caused extensive damage to Roland and its reputation, and Behringer's false claim that Roland has endorsed Behringer's unadulterated infringement is unconscionable."

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2054

• Members

I have not found one of the boxes for sale online. If Roland has a case, then the first line shown at NAMM won't go retail.

If anybody can post a URL where they might be available, please post it. Also does anybody have a link where Behringer states that Roland endorsed these boxes?

• Members

Originally posted by JoeBoy

I have not found one of the boxes for sale online. If Roland has a case, then the first line shown at NAMM won't go retail.

If anybody can post a URL where they might be available, please post it. Also does anybody have a link where Behringer states that Roland endorsed these boxes?

ta-da

http://www.kensei-news.com/cgi-bin/bizdev/exec/view.cgi/41/34916

• Members

I saw them at Namm and talked to the Behringer folks alot that day. Nobody from Behringer mentioned anything about being endorsed by Roland. To clarify, I would like to see something as quoted from Behringer. Roland best be careful. They can blow the thing by making false statements. The real beauty of the Boss line to me is the fact that the pedals sound very uniform. If you break one, get the same one again and it will sound the same.

• Members

I saw them at Namm and talked to the Behringer folks alot that day. Nobody from Behringer mentioned anything about being endorsed by Roland. To clarify, I would like to see something as quoted from Behringer. Roland best be careful. They can blow the thing by making false statements. The real beauty of the Boss line to me is the fact that the pedals sound very uniform. If you break one, get the same one again and it will sound the same.

errrr...that is Roland's allegation that they will have to substantiate to have that part of their lawsuit decided in their favor. I don't think is it really practical to expect that to be quoted some where credited directly to a Behringer source or proven until the suit is decided/settled.

• Members

Dude,

There is no problem. It was a joke about the lawyer. The lawyer comment was saying good job, now can you help me with this problem.

:)

LOL..kewl, though maybe you were getting mad. :cool:

It will be interesting to see what happens since I believe they have made some visual tweaks to the pedals in an effort to avoid trade dress issues.

• Members

Yep, I just want to try the new racktuner first. I used it at Namm and Korg is gonna be pissed. However it is not a cosmetic clone, but the function and on line verses off line functions are the same. They even relocated the Note Indicator. Its $79 bucks.

• Members

Yep, I just want to try the new racktuner first. I used it at Namm and Korg is gonna be pissed. However it is not a cosmetic clone, but the function and on line verses off line functions are the same. They even relocated the Note Indicator. Its $79 bucks.

It looks different than the prototype I used. Same model # if anyone is interested.

http://www.behringer.com/BTR2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

• Members

pretty impressive if they can provide the same functionality (in a very similar looking package) at such a lower price than the Korg.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Hey JoeBoy -

Did ya get to check out the pedal tuner? I've donated yet another to a club
:(
and need to replace it cheapish.

Korg has a stomp box model thats a tank

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/214023/

Should be able to find a cheaper Korg in a non Pedal model, but I suggest this one.

Archived