Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat Pickups

I am making a Strat out of Ebay parts. I am going to put in a (from neck to bridge) SHH pickup configuration. What kind of pickups should I use? I want to model the sound of Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I dunno, but every time I have seen Clapton or Vaughan play a strat, it was S-S-S. So I would think you would want that config if that's who you want to sound like.
    FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
    2008 Fender American standard strat
    Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
    Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
    SX SST62 - FOR SALE
    Custom made Tele
    Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
    Vox AC4TV - Love it
    Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
    Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

Originally posted by chiro972
      I dunno, but every time I have seen Clapton or Vaughan play a strat, it was S-S-S. So I would think you would want that config if that's who you want to sound like.

Well, I was speaking more of the neck single coil when I spoke of them (I should have been more specific). I have the humbuckers to get more of a rock sound. So it goes like this

Single Coil: Model SRV and Clapton
      Humbuckers: Model more alternative artists.

Comment

this set up can do it all. HSS configuration with a Deaf-Eddie FAT HSS switch. It gives you the stock HSS selects; splits the bridge humbucker to give you standard strat switching; gives you the neck/bridge combo and some series/parallel combos...

pickguard assembly from mystix monster:

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

I have old Tokai strat pickups in at the moment. If you want that raw strat sound that's the way to go it think.

You should talk to this guy:

http://www.ocduffpickups.com/

I asked him to make a set of tele pickups to custom order. Just described what I wanted them to sound like. He knows his stuff. And they sound great!

Mr Duff also makes replacement steve ray pickups to the EXACT spec.

Check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X