New C.O.C. album

destroyed

• Members

your thoughts on this? i picked it up last week, i have been a fan since the 9th grade when animosity was their newest album. i think this new one.. in the arms of god is absolutely amazing, great riffs, great tone, the drums are a little out in front but that sounds like the older cds with reed mullin on them. the newone is a very easy listen... they are back and they are angry too boot. they have not made an album like this is in a long time. it's funny too, i was listening to blind the other day with the other singer, carl, there is one song on the cd with pepper keenan singing, vote with a bullet, and it was obvious back then who the right singer for the band was. just a thought.

• Members

I bought it last weekend..It really didn't blow me away or anything on the first listen, but I'm really starting to like it. The drums at the beginning of the title track are amazing..

EDIT: Why the hell did I talk about drums in a guitar forum????

• Members

It absolutley blew me away. Definitely one of the few recent albums that has made me sit up and say, "Hey, this is ART!" If you like COC, pick up "NOLA" by Down, if you don't have it already. Pepper plays guitar on that album, along with Kirk Weinstein of Crowbar. Philip Anselmo sings, Jimmy Bower of Eyehategod drums, and Todd Stange plays bass.

• Members

After hearing so many reccomendations, I finally grabbed a couple tracks, and I'm impressed. I know my favourite band (Metallica) are huge fans of theirs, and I'm really diggin it. It's very atmospheric. Didn't COC change styles a lot over the years? What albums should I look into other than this new one?

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by reaper

sorry... but who are COC?

Corrosion Of Conformity

The CD's pretty good. They're gonna be playing a show here monday with Motorhead but I don't think I'm gonna go. I saw them a while back when they opened for Megadeth on the Coutdown to Extinction tour

• Members

It didn't blow me away, but it's starting to grow one me more, which is better.

I thought old singer on was good, I listen to "Blind" all the time. his voice was very different, but don't get me wrong I love Pepper's voice, my favorite song of his is "Clean My wounds" of "Deliverance".

I'm just glad they put out another album, because Pepper side project had me worried.

• Members

Originally posted by Sparky6string

I've been a fan since Eye for an Eye first came out. Saw them in 84 I think it was in a bar in Sacramento with DI (Richard Hung Himself). Met the band aterwards.

I might have to pick this one up.

if you saw them in 84 that must have been around the time DI's team goon album came out right? that's anothyer band i LOVE... tragedy again was awsome andwhat good is grief to a god... horse bites dog cries too in fact...

• Members

I'm not sure... I never owned any DI records (damn I'm old). But I still have the original pressing of COC's first three records.

Woody and the band were real cool and accessible after the show. The drummer at that time signed a stick he had thrown into the audience during the show for someone.

The bar was real small.... the El Dorado.

• Members

I can't believe that their last studio album was made in 2000 (America's Volume Dealer)! In The Arms of God is an excellent record, I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it the other week. Definitely one for the top ten album's of the year, IMO.

Archived