No announcement yet.

prs

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assassinater

i play warrior guitars. which eat prs and its lunch.

Wow! I'm really impressed.
    forged a million years ago
    Black Blade.

Originally Posted by Bro Blue

Tell her it's her fault for going down in the basement before you could get her surprise remodel done.

Then cunnilingus.

Make her a sandwich.

Comment

Dude, you just proved my point ten fold. its not that PRS are Production guitars its the fact that they are production guitars at Handmade prices. And prs are not what they used to be by a long shot. Any guitar that costs $3000.00 and comes with a bridge that you cant even intonate is blasphemy. Ten tops of today are the wood they use to take home to make a fire with. Mcarty's using ****************y Kluson style tuners? A heel that i could fit my dinner on? and the cost for the options on thier guitars is just insane. But you asked what is a better quality production guitar?

Well if price is no object that is kind of hard to compete with

But if you wanted a realistic price for your production guitar i would say just about every brand name production guitar prs is left in the dust by guitars with solid wood, tone pros bridges, grover tuners, seymour duncan pickups, and overseas manufacturers are now using thicker tops rather than veneers

PRS= good guitar

Schecter= good guitar

PRS vs. what you get for the money = Bull****************

Schecter = hell of a lot for very little.

and no i dont play schecter, nor would i buy an import guitar.

i play warrior guitars. which eat prs and its lunch.

You can feel as you want but I've never played a Schecter that even comes close to comparing to any of my PRS guitars. Sorry.
      I realize there a lot of lesser experienced players here that really cant tell the difference in quality, woods, tone etc..And thats fine. Those guys wont be able to appreciate why a PRS cost so much.
      And in their case thats fine, a Schecter will do nicely.
      Unfortunately for me I absolutely can tell a difference.

PRS guitars are just as much handmade today as they were in the late 80s and early 90s. If you really did your research you would know this.
      It's just that they have 4 times the the employees working than they did in the begining.

As far as Warriors goes, I've never played one. But looking at them they appear to be riding the coat tails of PRS.

Maybe Bruce Bennett, who is the original designer and forum member could chime in with his experiences.
      I know he doesnt have a lot of good things to say about Warrior at this point in their career.

Either way I've been playing PRS Guitars for 20 years and have more experience here with them than most of the forum members here have been playing.

Basically nothing you will say to me will ever change my mind.
      Only my experiences will change my mind. So far PRS has been outstanding for me as a player.
      BG PUPs Hand Wound Pickups Boutique Tones For Just A Few Bones - Wait times are being minimized .DAB Custom GuitarsPaul Reed Smith GuitarsPettingill Lap steelsGibson GuitarsFender GuitarsEastman MandolinsMicheal Kelly MandolinsLine 6Blackheart AmplifiersHC Geezer Brigade #183My MusicMy YoutubesCatch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r

Please name me a better quality production guitar.

Rickenbacker.

Remember though, you're asking about "quality". I'm not necessarily talking about sound or tone, as that's subjective. Construction wise, Rickenbacker, I think, is one of the only bigger name companies that hasn't skimped or sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kable

Rickenbacker.

Remember though, you're asking about "quality". I'm not necessarily talking about sound or tone, as that's subjective. Construction wise, Rickenbacker, I think, is one of the only bigger name companies that hasn't skimped or sold out.

Maybe, but I recently read on a Ric forum how lately theyre hosing people on warranty claims.
          Essentially what I read sounds like nothing is honored under warranty no matter what.

But thats second hand info..I dont own one and never have so I really cant say. I've played a few and they seem nice enough.
          BG PUPs Hand Wound Pickups Boutique Tones For Just A Few Bones - Wait times are being minimized .DAB Custom GuitarsPaul Reed Smith GuitarsPettingill Lap steelsGibson GuitarsFender GuitarsEastman MandolinsMicheal Kelly MandolinsLine 6Blackheart AmplifiersHC Geezer Brigade #183My MusicMy YoutubesCatch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by black blade

Wow! I'm really impressed.

hey no reason to start acting like a bitch about things i wasnt trying to say i play the best guitars in the world but you get alot more for your money then with a POS, oh sorry PRS. and i bet you would disagree with everything ive said about PRS, its the only way you can justify yourself wasting your money. Not my problem, its yours.

Comment

but I've never played a Schecter that even comes close to comparing to any of my PRS guitars.

USA Schecters smoke any PRS i've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by black blade

I disagree, and I own both pre 95 ( A 93 CE ) and post 95 ( a custom 22 and a McCarty) the McCarty is a 96 and is one the the best made and sounding PRS's I've ever played and I've played a ****************load.

hmmm, let me think here..... bolt on ce versus set neck custom 22 and a mcarty. why dont you just compare a ****************ing strat with a les paul.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

You need to try a Standard 24 with no frills(No birds/Quilts etc etc)
                  I paid $1700 cash for mine and it's the most versatile and toneful guitar i've ever played or owned. I've played a bunch of Schecters that have Duncans and with everything stock it eats them for lunch. A Les Paul Standard costs more.
                  My Singlecut has never had an intonation problem. Even when i went from 9s to 10s.
                  Maybe i got 2 of the better ones?

i have tried a standard. you people really need to get my point that its not that they are bad guitars. i dont feel prs are worth the amount they ask, thats it period. do i think they are bad guitars? no. Do i see any reason to spend $1700.00 dollars on a guitar with absolutley no options just because it says paul reed smith? hell no.

and im glad you have had good luck with your singlecut. i know many who havent. but have you ever put that puppy on a peterson strobe tuner? maybe your ear isnt the best tool for intonation

Comment

Originally posted by saturdaysaviour
                    there's nothing wrong with the mccarty tuners. ****************ty in what way?

compared to the locking PRS tuners i think the mcarty tuners are a little lacking in quality factor. ive never liked kluson style tuners but thats just personal preference.

Comment

I agree that modern PRSi are among the finest quality production guitars made today. They are one of only three brands I would buy from anyone sight unseen, and PRS is one of them.

This talk about a big heel, the type of rosewood used, the tuners.....This is about features, none of this has jack to do with build quality. And modern PRS guitars are as good as they have ever been. The whole 'pre-XX year' crap is all just meant to stir up the market. This isn't like Norlin Gibson or CBS Fender - PRS is PRS and always has been.

And no, I don't own one nor do I plan to own one.

Comment

Please name me a better quality production guitar.

USA Hamer
                        Always looking for good nugs.

Comment

hey no reason to start acting like a bitch about things i wasnt trying to say i play the best guitars in the world but you get alot more for your money then with a POS, oh sorry PRS. and i bet you would disagree with everything ive said about PRS, its the only way you can justify yourself wasting your money. Not my problem, its yours.

Dude , listen to yourself..You're the one that sounds like a bitch.
                          Why the **************** are you being such an **************************** to those who do not agree with you.
                          Are you older than 16? If so act your ****************ING AGE.
                          You cant even have a decent conversation. All you do is slamm!

Sometimes I dont know why I even bother with this trash hole of a forum!!

Comment

Do i see any reason to spend $1700.00 dollars on a guitar with absolutley no options just because it says paul reed smith? hell no.

I didn't buy it because it said PRS. I bought it because it was built so solid and sounded amazing. I don't need "options" like inlays and pretty things on the top. I would've gladly paid $2400 for this guitar because of the tone. It's really mind blowing.
                            New song "Winnie Cooper" by Leave Her Crying! Only $0.99!
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/leavehercrying

Great HC Transactions - Erock503, Rat83, JimAnsell

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezhater

USA Hamer

Excellent choice!!

Comment

You can feel as you want but I've never played a Schecter that even comes close to comparing to any of my PRS guitars. Sorry.
                                I realize there a lot of lesser experienced players here that really cant tell the difference in quality, woods, tone etc..And thats fine. Those guys wont be able to appreciate why a PRS cost so much.
                                And in their case thats fine, a Schecter will do nicely.
                                Unfortunately for me I absolutely can tell a difference.

PRS guitars are just as much handmade today as they were in the late 80s and early 90s. If you really did your research you would know this.
                                It's just that they have 4 times the the employees working than they did in the begining.

As far as Warriors goes, I've never played one. But looking at them they appear to be riding the coat tails of PRS.

Maybe Bruce Bennett, who is the original designer and forum member could chime in with his experiences.
                                I know he doesnt have a lot of good things to say about Warrior at this point in their career.

Either way I've been playing PRS Guitars for 20 years and have more experience here with them than most of the forum members here have been playing.

Basically nothing you will say to me will ever change my mind.
                                Only my experiences will change my mind. So far PRS has been outstanding for me as a player.

once again someone not getting my point. if prs lowered the price on their guitars i would have no problem with them. and i did do my research, ever heard of a duplicarver. prs at one point didnt use one. now they have many. woods over the years have got worse. I dont know where you get off thinking im just some punk kid who doesnt know **************** about guitars. Im not saying a diamond series schecter sounds as good or better than a prs im saying they are definitly a better buy than a prs simply because of cost to option ratio. If you want to believe that you are part of some elite musical force because you play overpriced guitars and feel you have to make excuses for why you play them and deny the facts thats fine. if i spent that much money on an inferior instrument i would do the same thing. And since bruce bennet didnt exactly leave warrior on good terms, i dont expect him to have many good things to say about the brand. and to top it all off if you cant see that prs is going the way of gibson, you obviously missed that they started offering imports. That my friend is always the beginning of the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X