The new agile? This thing looks great!!

chimi

• Members

Ok, i found this on ebay. The prices are dirt cheap for a set neck especially. I've never heard of the company however and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them? If so please give some info. I e-mailed the seller asking what wood the thing is made of because it doesn't specify.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7318120347&fromMakeTrack=true

• Members

Have you seriously not heard of agile? How did you get so many posts on here if you haven't?

This is not a new agile, it is an old agile with the shape that made Gibson pissed off. They tend to go for more bucks than the newer agile's due to the closer copying of the Gibson original.

See if you can get it cheap. It would be worth it to try. I haven't had an agile, but I'm looking to get one (although not an LP style).

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

Have you seriously not heard of agile? How did you get so many posts on here if you haven't?

This is not a new agile, it is an old agile with the shape that made Gibson pissed off. They tend to go for more bucks than the newer agile's due to the closer copying of the Gibson original.

See if you can get it cheap. It would be worth it to try. I haven't had an agile, but I'm looking to get one (although not an LP style).

I think you're missing the point, Chiro. I took the initial post, not as asking whether the pictured guitar was an Agile (new or otherwise) but rather as asking whether Manito Guitars (the brand of the pictured guitar) is a reliable source of cheap but quality knockoffs, as Agile is.

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

I think he might of been saying the compnay that makes the guitar is the new Agile, seeing as the guitar itself is not an Agile. Made my "Manito" it says.

Looks decent, but considering it doesn't even say the body wood, I dunno.

• Members

I guess you may be right. I just thought from the title that he thought this was a new brand. Or else he heard of agile but thought this was a new model, when it is actually an older one.

I guess maybe he was asking about the seller instead. My bad.

• Members

Originally posted by SlayerofShadows

I think he might of been saying the compnay that makes the guitar is the new Agile, seeing as the guitar itself is not an Agile. Made my "Manito" it says.

Looks decent, but considering it doesn't even say the body wood, I dunno.

It's an Agile copy!!!! OMG a copy of a copy, what will they come up with next. :D

Check out all of his old sales. Now that is junk.:rolleyes: But people still buy it and like it.:confused:

• Members

Doesn't say what the body wood is, what type of humbuckers (ceramic or alnico), or whether the top is maple or photo-flame. Also doesn't say where it was made.

Oh, and it says all returns will be assessed a 15% restocking fee. The seller does have good feedback, but I'd be very wary of this.

• Members

MorganBucks, are you serious? I didn't realize we could just order a crapload of guitars like that. The mockingbird ones and the soloist copies look very good as do the V copies. So are you saying that we can all get one for 100 bucks or what? Because i would go in for that.

• Members

Originally posted by cantdrive55

top doesn't look like real flame maple to me.

That's the most ironic thing I've heard all day. How could you tell whether or not it's a phototop from a photo ?

Just thought it was kinda funny.

I've been waiting for a place like this that is in my own state. I'll have to find out where they're based.

• Members

Should start up a harmony central co-op, where everyone puts in like $50.00 and we buy in bulk and sell it off somehow. Yeah these will probably be scraping the bottom of the barrel, but solidbody and setneck, you could do worse. And we can`all get rich and buy more guitars!!!! (Parker Fly Mojo here I come)

*sigh* I live in hope where I don't have to work 9-5

• Members

So...help me out here. Is this the manufacturer for the Manito guitars that AJ's Guitar Barn is selling? If so how did we come to that conclusion?

AJ is selling a lot of acoustics this month, although check out this "Nikko"

Nikko Strat

I couldn't quite make out the name on the headstocks from the site that JJPistols posted. Anyone else able to see it more clearly?

So who's taking the plunge?

Put me down for the JA 111P

DP

Archived