Guitar under $500 w/60's Slim taper Neck

Alktrio88

• Members

Really starting to think i want my next guitar to have the gibson 60's slim taper style neck, however i dont have the cash to afford a gibson, and from what i've read on the epiphone site, none of their LP models offer this style of neck. Agile makes an AL-3000 with slim neck, but i alread have an AL-3000 and its in the same finish so im not so sure how exciting that would be heh.

i did a search on here and saw where someone mentioned the schecter tempest had a neck similar to these

Any other guitars out there with necks that feel similar?

• Members

Gibson Melody Makers can be found for pretty cheap.

60's neck, one P-90 -- All you need! :D

You can probably find a used Les Paul Special Faded or Faded DC in that price range as well. Both have 60's necks.

• Members

I've got a Squire Fat Tele with a 60's fast action neck if you are interested. It's a one of kind that has had some 'interesting' mods done to it but it is one of the better squire necks you will ever see and it is a solid player. I've been thinking about parting it out but I just can't do it. Price can vary depending on what PUPs you want with it. Let me know if you are interested.

• Members

Originally posted by Durango_Kid

I've got a Squire Fat Tele with a 60's fast action neck if you are interested. It's a one of kind that has had some 'interesting' mods done to it but it is one of the better squire necks you will ever see and it is a solid player. I've been thinking about parting it out but I just can't do it. Price can vary depending on what PUPs you want with it. Let me know if you are interested.

Tele and LP = Mars and Venus

Great guitars for the buck though.

• Members

El Degas was an alias that Ibanez used to send their lawsuit copies to Canada and many of them have the slim taper neck that you are talking about... great guitars if you can find them and most of the ones I've seen are NOT bolt-on necks either!

Archived