What is the BEST playing guitar EVER !!??

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Members

Speaking specifically to playability, the Ibanez Wizard necks are the best I have ever played.

Naturally it comes down to personal taste, but I have been playing for more than thirty years and gigging for more than twenty five and in that time have owned MANY guitars including all the big ones.

The Ibanez is the one I prefer.

• Members

Fender Jazzmaster.

Nice 60's C neck. The body shape is very comfortable, doesn't look too small on my 6'4" profile, and it stands out from all the other Fender and Gibson shapes out there. The neck pickup tone is about as good as electric guitar sounds get imho, the mid position sound can't be found anywhere else, the tremolo works perfectly, and the behind the bridge sounds open up even more possibilities.

Perhaps not the most "versatile" guitar around, but it's close, and works for everything I personally care about doing. Definitely a pain in the ass to setup though, but they're worth it.

The Jags would probably get my vote if it weren't for the shorter scale.

• Members

Back around 1978 or so I had this 1972 Gibson SG Proffessional. It was the one with P-90's and the guitar was top routed for the controls. It also had a bigsby. It was maybe the butt ugliest Sg ever built but that thing had a neck that was made in heaven. The action was so low that you could barely slip a piece of paper between the strings and frets and there was no fret buzz whatsoever.

• Members

I haven't tried them all so how I should I know...

but from the (electric) ones I've owned since I'm sixteen, the nominees are:

- 3 Gibsons (SG custom, Les Paul and US-1)

- 1 telecaster (the Real thing)

- 1 Ibanez jazzbox (that one's a contender but...)

- 1 Hagstrom Impala

- 1 Aria "335"style

- 2 Lags (french)

- 1 Yamaha SA2200

The enveloppe, please...

...Yamaha SA2200!!!

• Members

This is a tough one. I would have to agree that any model is the best that is set up for you. But, I have to say, for me, not Fender. I have never found a Fender that plays well. They sound fantastic, that is why I buy them, but they play for {censored}. Ibanez and PRS Play great. People don't seem to like Ibanez, but they are so easy to play. Les Pauls are great, as well as the Flying V, both are tough when sitting though.

Archived