Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay shipping question...

As a policy I block international bidders as it can be a pain in the ass to ship abroad. However, I have a bidder in Australia who wants to bid on my pickup. He says that I would just ship it to family members in MN instead. Would it be a bad idea to do this? Also, would I get hit with more Paypal fees from Australia?

I recently sold a pickup to someone in Germany and they had me ship it to a friend in New Jersey, which worked out for me.
    I don't see it as being a problem. I probably wouldnt do it with an expensive item but it was just a pickup.

Comment

I sold a guitar on ebay to a guy in Finland. He arranged for TNT to pick it up from my house, ship it to his workplace and he paid the delivery charges when he recieved the item. I didn't even have to take it to the Post Office or anything!

Which doesn't help you at all, but it's a nice story.
      Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

FWIW: The most common scam out there is for an internation buyer to contact someone and tell them they have someone stateside that will ship it for them. usually they send a bad bank check or some other bogus form of payment. by the your bank rejects it, your item is long gone. I'm just sayin' seller beware.

Comment

Working...
        X