Why are Agiles so great?

joecool1963

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say that they are a little better than average.

The 2000 and 2500 series are built very well and the 3000-3500 series have cool goodies as well. Many have said that the 2500 is as nice ore nicer than Epi's LP standard (I agree with this) and they go for about 1/2 the price. The value follows the line all the way up to the 3500 with Duncans. THough it is firmly planted in the mid-priced market you won't find a better spec/dollar out there.

• Members

Originally posted by johndempsey

They aren't, they're average Korean built guitars at a lower price than a comparable Schecter, Ibanez , or ESP. They sell direct,so there's no middleman jacking up the price an additional 30%.

and no advertising budget, no sponsorship deals, no huge swag budgets, not a whole lot of 'executive' salaries to pay, etc etc etc.

• Members

Add 30% to the price of any Agile and they're average. Also, lower and midline Epi's are not made in Korea. I'm refering to strictly Korean made instruments. I'm not ripping on Agiles, but there's no mystique to them, they're just OEM'd Korean guitars subcontracted just like Nelsonics, Epis, ESPs, Schecters, MIK Fenders, blah, blah, the list goes on and on.

Originally posted by Kevman

I'd say that they are a little better than average.

The 2000 and 2500 series are built very well and the 3000-3500 series have cool goodies as well. Many have said that the 2500 is as nice ore nicer than Epi's LP standard (I agree with this) and they go for about 1/2 the price. The value follows the line all the way up to the 3500 with Duncans. THough it is firmly planted in the mid-priced market you won't find a better spec/dollar out there.

• Members

Originally posted by swampfox99

Agiles are so great because they're prices are so low.
:D
Also the guitars aren't bad either and customer service is great.

Bingo.

I got a quasi-SG knockoff with P-90's, an unavailable option as an Epi, for $99 on closeout.

Well worth twice that much, plus you simply could not get anything new and Gibby-approved (you'd have to get a Gibson SG Classic or Townshend SG for big bucks) for under seven or eight times as much, and that's being generous.

The real beauty is I can gig the dang thing straoight outta the box.

And I have.

BK

PS-- I also own 2 Gibbies

• Members

I am a beginner so somewhat hestitant to comment but it sounds comparable to other guitars I played prior to buying which included Gibsons and Epi Elitists. The rootbeer has the upgraded pickups (same as 3500 series) and am not sure how they compare to the other Agile pups, but I am very satisfied with the sound quality and dynamics of these;I spend the majority of practice time running it through the clean channel of a Roland Cube 30 and it is amazing.

I took it into the shop I go to/take lessons at (owned by Kirk Sand of Sand Guitars-- actual luthiers) expecting the action to need some slight adjustment but it was perfect out of the box. They were also amazed at the quality vs. price point. John Heusensstamm, my instructor, liked it so much I could hardly get it back after he started playing.

I am working on a full review (from a beginner perspective) and should have it complete by tomorrow...

I couldn't be happier with this quitar!

• Members

Originally posted by kwsher

Agile
Agile
Agile
Agile

those are really nice pics. cosmetically, i dont like the fretmarkers, but that is a really sweet looking guitar.

i finally saw a place in Seoul that sells the sx and agile locally. didnt have alot of time to talk to them cause i had to meet this...

wellwellwell019.jpg

so..maybe next time...

i love that rootbeer, and the headstock looks surprisingly noncheesy. cheers

• Members

thanks!

seems like your priorities are exactly where they should be ;)

I actually like the Agile headstock a lot better than the Epis that I looked at... the Agile logo and fleur de lis is mother of pearl and is really nicely finished although it doesn't show well in the photos.

• Members

Originally posted by johndempsey

Add 30% to the price of any Agile and they're average. Also, lower and midline Epi's are not made in Korea. I'm refering to strictly Korean made instruments. I'm not ripping on Agiles, but there's no mystique to them, they're just OEM'd Korean guitars subcontracted just like Nelsonics, Epis, ESPs, Schecters, MIK Fenders, blah, blah, the list goes on and on.

Right. But you sure are throwing around that 30% capriciously. The simple fact is that you can't walk into a store and find an instrument of similar quality at the same price point. This isn't to say there aren't nice instruments at $200, but a $200 Agile regularly crushed $200 offerings from Squier, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, etc.

The 2500 series is now bumped up in price, and I've not heard much yet about the 2000's, but the stories of Agile owners is generally one of people being amazed at getting the amount of guitar they got for the money they paid. They are amazed because they look around and see what else is comparable in that range and find it extremely wanting.

//S

• Members

Hmmm, they sell SX & Agiles locally in Seoul?

Ha, I wonder if Rondo knows about that......

Originally posted by seifukusha

those are really nice pics. cosmetically, i dont like the fretmarkers, but that is a really sweet looking guitar.

i finally saw a place in Seoul that sells the sx and agile locally. didnt have alot of time to talk to them cause i had to meet this...

wellwellwell019.jpg
so..maybe next time...

i love that rootbeer, and the headstock looks surprisingly noncheesy. cheers

• Members

All I'm saying is that ther's no magic formula to what Agiles are, they come from the same factory that several other brands come from, just at a cheaper price without the middleman, advertising , blah blah blah. Their $400 guitar is Schecters $600 guitar, it's not like they're made by magic little elves like Keebler products are!!!!

Originally posted by Shocker

Right. But you sure are throwing around that 30% capriciously. The simple fact is that you can't walk into a store and find an instrument of similar quality at the same price point. This isn't to say there aren't nice instruments at $200, but a $200 Agile regularly crushed $200 offerings from Squier, Ibanez, Oscar Schmidt, etc.

The 2500 series is now bumped up in price, and I've not heard much yet about the 2000's, but the stories of Agile owners is generally one of people being amazed at getting the amount of guitar they got for the money they paid. They are amazed because they look around and see what else is comparable in that range and find it extremely wanting.

//S

• Members

I don't think anyone thinks that they are made by magic elves.

But your argument is the same as mine. They make a good guitar for the money. As good a guitar as you'd pay more for elsewhere. You said it yourself. That is why they are popular.

Archived