need some advice for buying electric

idrisguitar

• Members

hi,

i am having trouble lately both my guitars are broken and all im left wih is an acoustic (a good one though) which i love, but i NEED nan electric as well as a good effects box.

first the guitar:

i need it to be superb quality, ie. does not break easy, my two guitars were trashed and they were bad choice on my part, i love epiphone but will be open to any good suggestions, the catch is though i am on a tight budget, if you can recommend me a guitar that fits this spec but also is cheapish i would appreciate it (i will prob be getting it off ebay,) also it need 24 frets too.

i hear agile are good for the money but are they what im looking for?

now the effect box:

well all i want is a box with multi effects and it must have one, on my mini studio it is called guitar pad but on my mate effects box it is called guitar violin, im sure you have come accross it, again it has to be good quality and cheapish but must have that violin effect in it as it is need for a few of my bands songs.

i would really appreciate any help you could give me

thanks

Idris

• Members

Well, If you're on a budget, I would recommend you look at rondomusic.net. I have had good luck with the SX strat. It needs a bit of fret work, but is very nice and will not fall apart.

I am looking at getting an Agile as well and I think they have enough different models to meet your needs. I have yet to hear of one falling apart. They may not be a Gibson or PRS, but they will probably meet your needs and stay within your budget.

Good luck!

• Members
  • Members

okay after the looking the guitars that i am seriouslyty thinking about are

the agile ps900

the pheonix one (forgot actual name)

and the agile al-3000 prestige (this is the most expensive i will go 369 dollars. (i live in the UK so if i can get overseas shipping it will still work out very cheap. although i would rather something in the price range of the ps-900

• Members

Originally posted by idrisguitar

okay after the looking the guitars that i am seriouslyty thinking about are

the agile ps900

the pheonix one (forgot actual name)

and the agile al-3000 prestige (this is the most expensive i will go 369 dollars. (i live in the UK so if i can get overseas shipping it will still work out very cheap. although i would rather something in the price range of the ps-900

If you're in the UK, have a look on ebay for a guy gonig under the name "Techmate 21".... some good stuff there. I bought a lefty Strat copy ("Ultimate Lefthanded 1950s Strat copy!") for

• Members

For what you're playing, check out ESP-LTD's, Peavey, Ibanez and Jackson.

There seem to be some good deals at GAK, like the ESP-LTD M 50 and the

Peavey Rotor EX with Floyd Rose.

As for the effects you're looking for try the Behringer V-Amp2. It's realtively cheap, but it has some wierd settings that may be the violin-type thing you're looking for. Check out the preset patches on the last bank station. It may not be great for live playing though since the foot switch has a slight delay when switching patches. Not sure if other Behringer products experience this delay.

• Members

Originally posted by idrisguitar

thanks, i will try, but i have some contacts in the US if i really want to go for the agile i can make it happen, dpends on money in the end though

I believe that he will ship internationally, if you email him and beg and promise that you'll pay the shipping and customs fees.

However, there is a forumite selling a blue PS900 for $200.00 on Ebay right now. He has a link in both the SPAM thread as well as the ubiquotous Agile bar thread. The only downside is that you'd have to find a case for it. I believe SKB makes one that it would fit in though.

Here's a link to the auction. I'd seriously consider it; it'll probably be gone soon though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Archived