A Black 'Strat For All Occassions, Humbucker, P90, Single Coil Content

OldFenderGuy

• Members

Well, I guess I'm ready to go back on tour. :cool:

After I realized that I'm only happy playing 25.5" scale length 'strat type guitars I decided to set up a few to cover all situations...

This group should give a variety of tones and handle most requirements. Humbuckers, P90's, standard single coils, and a 'tele thrown in for those "twang" moments.

Identical guitars with the same setups, the same necks, so switching between them will be a breeze, with no adjustment period required.

I'm sure that even with my large collection I'll continue to buy/sell guitars, just for the fun of it, but the four guitars shown below are all I would really need to cover the material that I normally play.

The dog in the background is the only remaining member of my Fan Club. It's a sad world. :(;)

blackgroup.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Those are all very nice, but what happens when you need HSH? Or an angled SC in the neck and an HB in the bridge, or an angled HB or P90? GAS never endeth.
:D

That's when I give Chris a call and tell him that I need another custom pickguard.. :D

• Members

Originally posted by DanRoy

why don't you just get a black "variax"
:p

A friend of mine had a Variax.....He sold it because it took all the fun out of playing guitar. I would come to work and tell him about my latest purchase and he would say WOW that is great, but I have the Variax and already have that one.....Finally GAS got the better of him, he sold the Variax and started to purchase again....He seems much happier now LOL.

Archived