X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ibanez do you reccomend?

I really dig Andy Timmons and love his tone. I would love to have a AT100 but I'm thinking 2k is a lot for a guitar. I'm wanting a non sig Ibanez that isn't a cheapo and is a ready to gig guitar. What do you reccomend. It has to be a maple neck with H-S-S configuration. Thanks.

I don't think they even make HSS configurations. They did in the 80's. I think it was the RG 560 but only had a rosewood fretboard (I think).

Comment

they offer a FEW HSS guitars, but good luck getting one with a maple neck, hit up the japanese site and if you see one you like, get in contact with ishibashi, they're awesome to deal with.
      " They’ve filled up all the spaces with tricks and fast scales, and space is probably the most important element in music. "

Comment

Ibanez doesn't make anything like the AT100 anymore, not5 even for the Japanese market. They make an AT300, but it's completely different.

A high quality maple fretboard H-S-S Strat would be a good substitution, IMO. For one thing, they're easy to find.

If you must have an Ibanez you'll have to shop used. Even then, it will take some mods to get one of the stock models close to the AT100. It was based on Ibanez's RT, RX, and EX series of guitars. Unfortunately most of these are low-line models, and the higher quality ones(what few there were) all had rosewood fretboards.
        Gear list
        Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
        Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
        Laney Ironheart 60H
        Jet City JCA22H
        Peavey Transformer 112
        Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
        Digitech RP1000
        Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
        Pictures - Video Clips

Comment

Ok I think I've found what I want. What do you think about the Jackson Soloist? That seems to have pretty much exactly what I want execpt the mable neck which I guess I can do without. Which is the best Soloist. Give me a crash coarse in the good and bad of them. Model numbers would be apprecitated. Thanks.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=7316857 491&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What do you think about this one?

Comment

Before you make up your mind, the Ibanez Artist series is incredible. It may not be the "image" you're looking for but the tone and playability are terrific.

Comment

the AR-300 looks awesome, wish i could get one with p-90's in it though, or a semi-hollow version heh
                " They’ve filled up all the spaces with tricks and fast scales, and space is probably the most important element in music. "

Comment

Yeah. I had the 300 and that's why I'm recommending it. The stock pups pretty much suck but with a set of Seymour Duncan 59's, it was outstanding. I wish SD Phat Cats were available while I had it, I think they would sound great with this guitar.

Comment

i could always throw some humbucker sized p90's in ther ei guess...

whats the neck feel like? sort of chunky LP type, but not as chunky?

Comment

Originally posted by Peavey5150
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=7316857 491&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What do you think about this one?

That's not a Soloist, that's a Dinky. The seller is a moron. All Soloists are neckthrough. It's nice for a Dinky, but it's still a Dinky. Those are still good guitars though, just not very much like an AT100.

If all you care about is being an H-S-S superstrat with a maple fretboard, you could buy a used Ibanez RG550 and replace the pickguard with a custom H-S-S one from Jeannie's(http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/) or EKG(www.ekgco.com).
                      Gear list
                      Ibanez: RG750 / RG565 / XPT700
                      Charvel: USA So-Cal / Sunburst Mutt / Flame-top Mutt
                      Laney Ironheart 60H
                      Jet City JCA22H
                      Peavey Transformer 112
                      Avatar Vintage 2-12 (Tonespotter/Swamp Thang)
                      Digitech RP1000
                      Some pedals(ISP, Korg, EHX, Modtone)
                      Pictures - Video Clips

Comment

It's a thinner neck, very comfortable to play. It's really an LP clone, carved maple top, mahogany body and all. The neck is easy to play and the guitar sets up very easily. Action is nice and low.

I have a Sherry semi hollow body with Phat Cats, a Tele and a Godin LG I just got. I want to get a Gibby LP to complete my collection and figured the Artist would be redundant. I haven't bought the LP yet so I'm REALLY sorry I sold the 300.

Comment

None of them is a good starting point.
                          Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness

SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.

Comment

I agree with Toshiro

Find a late 80s, early 90s RG550. It has a maple neck and a pickguard with an HSH config. Simply have a new pickguard made with an HSS config and you're in business with one of the best Ibanez guitars ever.
                            If you want to SAVE ROCK 'n' ROLL, Join The MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA!!!

**FOR SALE**

more stuff soon

Comment

Why late 80s early 90s for the 550? I have a 97 and the quality is great.
                              Age of Shadows Metal with keyboards and a singer who actually sings.

Comment

Working...
                              X