Nelsonic or Agile?

Jimi Ray Halen

• Members

There are a lot more people around here with Agiles, so whenever you do a _______ or Agile? thread, it's ALWAYS going to be Agile. Why? Because people will always recommend the choice they've already made. It's just so pointless to choose anything over an Agile on this board, you'll just get flamed.

• Members

Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Yeah, that's what Im getting too from reading reviews. It looks as though the Nelsonics are bolt ons. I like bolt on guitars but on a LP?

Either way you have to swap out the electronics on both, huh?

with the stock pups i heard the agiles are OK for metal but i would swap em out for duncans like a JB/jazz set or whatever.

I will be ordering a Agile 2500 and dont mind swapping the pups if i have to since the guitars is only $240 new:D

• Members

Originally posted by johndempsey

There are a lot more people around here with Agiles, so whenever you do a _______ or Agile? thread, it's ALWAYS going to be Agile. Why? Because people will always recommend the choice they've already made. It's just so pointless to choose anything over an Agile on this board, you'll just get flamed.

:D yeah there are some other GREAT LP copies out there such as TOKAI,EDWARDS,

GRECO

but for the $$$ agile seems to be it?

• Members

Oh....and Nelsonics are not bolt on, it's pretty clearly stated on thier site.

Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Yeah, that's what Im getting too from reading reviews. It looks as though the Nelsonics are bolt ons. I like bolt on guitars but on a LP?

Either way you have to swap out the electronics on both, huh?

• Members

The Starliner LP's (that are no longer sold) had bolt on necks. I really wish I'd picked one of those up to mess around on. They were dirt cheap and looked really nice.

If they still had the older Atomic series with the correct body shape and wood, I'd say get the Nelsonic.

But now the horns are wierd (worse than the Agiles), so I'd go with the Agile. The specs seem to be better on the Rock Steady than the price comparable Agile 2800, but I just really dislike the horn. If you like the gross pointy horn on the Nelsonic better, go with the Nelsonic. I'd personally go with the 2800...actually I'd save up and go for the 3000. I'd also consider the 2900 in black (change out the black parts to creme), because I dislike how heavy LP's are.

• Members

The tuners are usually the last culprit in the tuning problems, but both come with great quality tuners. Tuning problems are usually a problem with the nut and I believe both the Nelsonic Rock Steady's and the Agile 2800's and above have decent bone nuts. I would not worry about tuning problems.

Archived