Got the new MF catalog....

batotman

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Other than the mustang being back the only other cool thing I saw (in guitars) was the Stratocaster XII....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/515107/

The LPB and BM have the matching headstock to body paint. Looks pretty cool!

C'mon, you're supposed to tell us about some unbelievable deal like that AlleyKat deal you told us about. ;)

• Members

:mad:

Bunch of damn ingrates!!!!

:D

I don't see any Behringer pedals, but I will tell you that 99.9% of the stuff they show in the catalogs is already on the site. Lucky during the Alleykat craze I saw it on the web and by the time the catalog came out it was sold out....lol.

I'm actually considering selling the Alleykat, love it, but more into LP's right now. Yeah I just had to go buy the case too....lol. Oh well, sell it on ebay and I'll make my money back pretty easy.

• Members

Is it just me or does MF have the most unabashed bull{censored}ters in the world writing their product descriptions? "light weight for a toneful sound"... what the {censored}!? It's fun to wade through their lies while on the crapper, I can imagine a 27 year old advertising major who's never picked up a guitar in his life thinking of different ways to use "tone." Also, the "made for full tilt boogie" description of the 67 Flying V seems a bit out of place as I believe boogie died a decade prior to its release.

• Members

Originally posted by swinglinecub

Is it just me or does MF have the most unabashed bull{censored}ters in the world writing their product descriptions? "light weight for a toneful sound"... what the {censored}!? It's fun to wade through their lies while on the crapper, I can imagine a 27 year old advertising major who's never picked up a guitar in his life thinking of different ways to use "tone." Also, the "made for full tilt boogie" description of the 67 Flying V seems a bit out of place as I believe boogie died a decade prior to its release.

Yeah I'd never buy anything based on their reviews. They'd push a turd in a tuxedo as the next great thing...:D

• Members

Fretware Guitars in Franklin, Ohio has a Rick 12 string CONVERTIBLE that is the wildest thing I have ever seen!

There is a hinged bar with 6 hooks on it you pull up and grab the little strings with and then pull down & lock like a weavers loom and then it's a regular 6 string!!! Pretty amazing to look at in action.

• Members

Originally posted by I'm A Coal Man

Fretware Guitars in Franklin, Ohio has a Rick 12 string CONVERTIBLE that is the wildest thing I have ever seen!

There is a hinged bar with 6 hooks on it you pull up and grab the little strings with and then pull down & lock like a weavers loom and then it's a regular 6 string!!! Pretty amazing to look at in action.

pics?

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

i don't think I would use an electric 12 enought to drop that much on one. I keep waiting for a sweet deal on a dano dc-12 to come along though.
:p

i got mine for $300 on ebay. great guitar. i'm very happy i got it instead of a ric 660/12, because i never would have played that guitar enough. it was supersweet though.

• Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

i got mine for $300 on ebay. great guitar. i'm very happy i got it instead of a ric 660/12, because i never would have played that guitar enough. it was supersweet though.

yeah the dano 12s are in my regular GAS rotation. its just a matter of me gassing for one, and their being one I like on ebay at the same time.:D

• Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33036&item=7318026401&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

looks good. though he's wrong about each string being adjustable. each pair of strings is adjustable. but if your intonation is off between octave strings, there's nothing you can do about it.

listen buddy, I got enough gas issues as it is without you making it easier by posting links!:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by ExtraGum

Ummm...

110573.jpg

yes, but it was a reissue of a guitar that was made for boogie, so it does not have any of that direct boogie inspiration, making it unsuitable for real boogie.

if you want re-issued boogie, then that's your guitar.

personally, i prefer chuck's boogie:

"we boogied in the kitchen

we boogied in the hall

i got some on my finger

and i wiped it on the wall."

• Members

Originally posted by swinglinecub

Is it just me or does MF have the most unabashed bull{censored}ters in the world writing their product descriptions? "light weight for a toneful sound"... what the {censored}!? It's fun to wade through their lies while on the crapper, I can imagine a 27 year old advertising major who's never picked up a guitar in his life thinking of different ways to use "tone."

I interviewed for a writing position with Musician's Friend a few years back. Actually a nice bunch of guys. Of all the jobs I've been turned down for, that was the one where I truly felt they screwed up big time...I would have rocked in that job and they missed out. No one could have done that better than me! But I digress....

First of all, all the writers there are musicians themselves. Only office I've ever seen where everyone gets to have an instrument sitting next to their desk to noodle around on... very cool.

Anyway... they call those product spotlights "Advertorials". They certainly are not free. Manufacturers pay $15,000 for a full page "advertorial". If you were a Musician's Friend writer would point out a product's flaws?

One last note: pay particular attention to the "author's" name on those "advertorials". Those guys have lots of fun making up those names! I've seen a few doosies make it past the screeners a few times. ;)

A

• Members

Understood, I don't think they'd sell a lot of their Rogue stock if they claimed it "sounds kind of like a good guitar dipped in {censored}."

The biggest problem from your post is that you've now given me a horrific new desire to work for them:( .

Archived