I finally learned how to post clips...

Jkater

• Members

Many thanks to Burgess who patiently helped me with this.

These are acoustic guitar pieces so my apology for posting these here. I just wanted to share a bit what I did before I got interested in learning to play the electric.

These three pieces are from some of my favorite acoustic players (and one player who's best known for his electric work) :

Michael Hedges's "Layover":

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000172595_000028363.mp3

Eric Johnson's "Song for George" :

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000172595_000028379.mp3

Alex de Grassi's "Causeway" :

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000172595_000028381.mp3

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

Man - I want to check them out, but I can only run in Safe Mode right now - my comp reboots as Windows kicks on
:(

I want to hear some acoustic shredding!!!

I'm afraid these don't qualify as "shredding"... :)

I suppose I could have posted those in the acoustic forum but you guys (EG forum) are the folks I hang with in these boards.

• Members

Thanks guys!

I uploaded another one, this one is a duet with a good friend (the godfather of my first child). My account in DSP is now full (Causeway took half of the whole available space!...) so I guess this the last one...

The two guitars used on this recording are mine : the b

• Members

It's just wonderful to be able to share music on this board. This is the first time I've ever done it. I also had a listen to your clips (JJ and Burgess) and enjoyed them tremendously. To be able to solo and improvise intelligently and tastefully is my current challenge (as well as being able to play with a pick!...). Your clips are great to listen to and listening to them makes me want to get better at that stuff. I have a long way to go but I'm still young (47...) so I have time to get there! :D
I wish I had high speed internet so I could get to it quicker.
Thanks again!

• Members
Originally posted by Sjonesmusic

Unbelievable.....just unbelievable.

Thanks!

Scott, your website is quite a place to visit! I had a good look at your photo gallery and nice drawings (are you still a Star War fan? :) ). And your faith page was another reminder to me that I don't need to whine and look for excuses for things I don't achieve...

I went to your website to find out more about your music. I came back from it with so much more. Thank you!

• Members
Originally posted by Jkater

Thanks!

Scott, your website is quite a place to visit! I had a good look at your photo gallery and nice drawings (are you still a Star War fan?
:)
). And your faith page was another reminder to me that I don't need to whine and look for excuses for things I don't achieve...

I went to your website to find out more about your music. I came back from it with so much more. Thank you!

Thanks man!

Yep, still a Star Wars geek. (though after the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I'm not as impressed, as my expectations are higher).

I'm grateful that something about my life was in some way inspiring to you.....it seems like even as I type this, that there are whole new worlds opening up to me, even though my hands seem to be bothering me lately, I'm not concerned, as I see it as a possible transition to something better in the long run, that maybe guitar might have just been part of the journey and not the end.

• Members

First your words inspire my sig on this forum...
Now your playing makes me wanna practice more!

Most beautiful playing sir.

*And permission please to post links over at Acoustic Player Magazine's forum?

• Members
Originally posted by Flapz

First your words inspire my sig on this forum...

Now your playing makes me wanna practice more!

Most beautiful playing sir.

*And permission please to post links over at Acoustic Player Magazine's forum?

Thank you Flapz!

Regarding your sig, I remember the context. That was a thread where the starter asked us how to "get good" at guitar playing and this reply meant to say that we should just give our best shot. I also meant to share that, as I grow older and have family life, my guitar playing may go down but my desire to be a better person becomes more important. Ironically, although I did write these words, I follow these principles rather imperfectly... Scott does a better job at it than me. (check out his website. It's very inspiring).

As to your request, please Look in your PM box. I recorded those pieces for a CD (just for the fun of it) and we respected the industry ethics, that is, we paid the "mechanical rights" to the respective copyright owners for a strict number of CD's. In posting on this board, I had to assume that, not making any money with it, posting here, it was OK to do it. If someone knows of any rules that prohibits it, please let me know.

It is very kind of you that you asked. I appreciate. :)

• Members

It's the act of trying to not only create art... but do the right thing that makes a defference on this veil of tears...
I will simply point as many folks as I can to this thread and will buy the work of the artists you mentioned as well.

It is amazing to be able to turn to an Internet site, and be inspired.
This is what making the world smaller via technology is all about!

Thanks again for your artistry.

• Members

JKater,

I sure do wish you would make APM a regular stop because we would LOVE to hear this stuff all the time over there. This was amazing!! You are one hell of a player. There's a funky attitude in your playing that is priceless. Keep up the great work.

Doug,
LittleBrother

• Members
Originally posted by Burgess

Drinking my morning coffee listening to your clips. This is my idea of a real nice morning!
:)

Those clips sound great! They're going into my Music folder to stay. Thanks for sharing!

That is just what I am doing this morning Burgess. And I could not agree with you more. Jkater....... I sat here having the aforementioned coffee with my early 90's Ibanez Artwood and came across this thread. I fumbled along as best I could to your clips and now find myself wondering why in Heaven's name 25 years ago I thought that it would be a good idea for me to learn how to play the guitar. LOL. Those are really inspiring (as many players on HC are for me) and I thank you for posting them. Now if you'll all excuse me, I think I'll have a good cry. :D :D

Archived