New guitar. What do you guys think?

JWBlues

• Members

Great looking guitar. I like the Tele looking top horn, Les Paul looking bottom horn, the Strat style controls, and the EMG's with a Floyd Rose. Transparent finish in that burst looks great....Good score, me likeeee

• Members
Originally posted by BowerR64

That bust color reminds me of how the steinbergers i have look. The fade and color looks the same.
:confused:

?action=view&current=stripper.jpg

could they be made at the same place?

I can't be sure. Zion's are made in North Carolina. In the late 80's Ken Hoover was probably sending his guitars out to have the finishes applied (in California, I think). These days it's all done in-house.

• Members

Originally posted by Erico

I don't really dig the shape, but it seems like a quality guitar considering the OFR, EMGs and the build quality in general.

Phoenolic fingerboard?

It's a man made material that they only used on this guitar. A lot like ebony (in looks and tone) only much more durable. I really like it.

• Members

Originally posted by FalseRevRG

cool....i like my Zion better though....

Nice Zion. I had a Frosted Marble too. I sold it. I miss that guitar. Enjoy yours! BTW, check out the link in my signature for my other Zion's.

• Members

Originally posted by fretmonster

Beautiful guitars, must of costed an arm and a leg. Do you play anything else Road2, and what got you on the Zion kick?

Thanks! Some are expensive and some aren't. I've been through a bunch of guitars (Fenders, Gibsons, Epi's, Dano's, on and on). They are simply the best that I have played. Quality is awesome and the customer service is the best. I saw my first Zion in the early Ninety's. It took awhile and a bunch of guitars before I tried my first one. I wish I hadn't waited so long. I am very pleased with them. They custom make my guitars for me - included custom carving the necks to my spec's. The one that I posted here, I picked up used and it's my 2nd Powerglide. You saw the first one on my site. I got this guitar for under $500 shipped! I currently only play Zion's and have no reason to go back to any other brand.

Archived