Sperzel and Grover question

Danny_CKone

• Members

The Sperzels don't have a screw. They have a locating pin to keep it from turning.

Grover makes a locking tuner that should replace yours without any drilling. I haven't used them, but I would think they use the same mounting.

I'm really sold on Planet Waves locking tuners. I have them on two of my guitars and I'm going to put them on all the others except the Ibanez. It has a Floyd so it doesn't need them.

• Members

Originally posted by GretschGuy

The guy has a Les Paul. Not an Agile.

I have Sperzels on a 1980 Standard and I had to drill holes.

Did your LP have Klusons or Grovers originally?

His has Grovers now so I believe the locking Grovers will replace them without drilling. I pretty certain they use the same housing.

• Members

It came with Gibson tuners that looked like Klusons. I put Grovers on years ago (had to drill for those too) and had to drill out the pin on the Sperzels.

They make chrome (not brushed alum) Kluson looking sperzels for LP guitars. They're a little hard to find, but worth getting.

• Members

Ok, we're on the same page then. I had to drill for the pin on the Sperzel's also but they fit the same peghead hole as the Grovers.

I know the Kluson and Kluson style tuners have a smaller peghead hole for the most part.

Archived