Poll: 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver Pro!!!

hournegative

• Members

This is a picture of the 2005/6 Fernandes Revolver PRO prototype. This guitar will be available in the fall of this year (2005) and is a bit of an more aggressive/metal/shred/rock guitar for Fernandes. There will also be a version of this same guitar with barbed wire inlays.

Thanks for your input!

2005/6 Fernandes Revolver PRO features:

Construction: Neck-Thru.

Neck Specs: 24 Fret, 25.5 Scale, Rosewood Fretboard, Reverse Headstock!

Pickups: EMG 81 (Bridge) Fernandes Sustainer System (Neck).

Bridge: Double Locking Floyd Rose Type.

I've worked with Fernandes very closely to make this guitar a reality. This guitar is "Step One" in the newly re-designed Revolver series. There are further Revolver models planned that will include binding, stop tail/fixed bridge models and an all new 7 String Revolver PRO as well.

Let me know what you think! Yea or Nea!

2006fernandesrevolverpro.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still don't see it, even with that link...

Ok it works now. I don't like it too much, I'm more of a pointy person :p Too bad, it looks good on paper, though of course that'd have to be compared to the price.

• Members

Originally posted by Pott

I still don't see it, even with that link...

Ok it works now. I don't like it too much, I'm more of a pointy person
:p
Too bad, it looks good on paper, though of course that'd have to be compared to the price.

hmm...now it's gone for me too...think that the poster removed it.

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

Guy's,

I have no idea why my image hosting is not working for me. Perhaps one of you can help with this image posting issue.

HELP!

Ray Mitchell

email it to me (addy in profile) and I will host it in my photobucket account.

• Members

Originally posted by jTreu

i win

6th7vq.jpg

YOU DEFINITELY WIN! I was just about to email it to k4df4l but before I could even send it you had the image up on the board! I really appreciate your help.

The thing to remember about this Fernandes is that it is the first of many steps in redefining the company. I am a fan of ESP's, Jacksons, and all kinds of sharper/pointier guitars as well. The thing is, I'm just getting tired of seeing those guitars EVERYWHERE and I wanted to address the fact that Fernandes do not have any guitars that would work for guys like me. I welcome ALL design ideas so long as they are reasonable i.e. no hot pink guitars w/Strawberry Shortcake inlays :D . Let me know what you think, is this a better way for Fernandes to go than what you are used to seeing? We'll keep on doing the Ravelle, the Monterey, the Vertigo, etc... We just need some more metal machines!

SPEAK SOON!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

I really like my Revolver that I got last year. No idea what model it is though. It doesn't have EMGs and it's a bolt-on, but I still really like to play it (the sustainer is especially neat).

Fernandes3.jpg

Fernandes4.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

YOU DEFINITELY WIN! I was just about to email it to k4df4l but before I could even send it you had the image up on the board! I really appreciate your help.

The thing to remember about this Fernandes is that it is the first of many steps in redefining the company. I am a fan of ESP's, Jacksons, and all kinds of sharper/pointier guitars as well. The thing is, I'm just getting tired of seeing those guitars EVERYWHERE and I wanted to address the fact that Fernandes do not have any guitars that would work for guys like me. I welcome ALL design ideas so long as they are reasonable i.e. no hot pink guitars w/Strawberry Shortcake inlays
:D
. Let me know what you think, is this a better way for Fernandes to go than what you are used to seeing? We'll keep on doing the Ravelle, the Monterey, the Vertigo, etc... We just need some more metal machines!

SPEAK SOON!

Ray Mitchell

do you know if there is any way to do a ravelle with a thinner neck, ala 60's gibson classic?

Because I've always loved the shape of the ravelle but the chunky neck kind of put me off. I want something I can sort of shred but keep the sound of the les paul at a decent price.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by ArrMatey

do you know if there is any way to do a ravelle with a thinner neck, ala 60's gibson classic?

Because I've always loved the shape of the ravelle but the chunky neck kind of put me off. I want something I can sort of shred but keep the sound of the les paul at a decent price.

Thanks

First off, COOL SCREEN NAME! ArrMatey!!! :D :D :D

The plan with the Ravelle is to go to a more Gibson-ish "Slim Taper" neck (like the one you are talking about) for 2006. Also, there are plans to offer more finish choices as well as an EMG model Ravelle. I'm trying to push for a Ravelle that would feature EMG's and Black Pearl and/or Abalone binding. As always, I welcome ANY design suggestions/ideas so, FIRE AWAY!

Take care,

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

I really like my Revolver that I got last year. No idea what model it is though. It doesn't have EMGs and it's a bolt-on, but I still really like to play it (the sustainer is especially neat).

Fernandes3.jpg

Fernandes4.jpg

I REALLY like the green finish on your guitar man! I don't know what's up with me, but I've been diggin' green finishes the last couple of years.

Speak soon,

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Ray -

I would lose the reverse headstock. I for one am tired of the whole reverse headstock look, it's just so overdone these days. I would never purchase a guitar with a reverse headstock, unless it was a Jimi Hendrix sig model!

Also, the guitar that I would love to see you offer again, is the Jaguar-style model.

I saw one on eBay last year and I loved it! It was a silver color, and it had a mirrored or chrome pickguard and a matching headstock. It was awesome! It might have been a Japanese domestic model, but I would love to see one offered in the US.

I know I have a photo of it at home. I'll post it later.

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Ray -

I would lose the reverse headstock. I for one am tired of the whole reverse headstock look, it's just so overdone these days. I would never purchase a guitar with a reverse headstock, unless it was a Jimi Hendrix sig model!

Also, the guitar that I would love to see you offer again, is the Jaguar-style model.

I saw one on eBay last year and I loved it! It was a silver color, and it had a mirrored or chrome pickguard and a matching headstock. It was awesome! It might have been a Japanese domestic model, but I would love to see one offered in the US.

I know I have a photo of it at home. I'll post it later.

Hey man,

Please post the pic or email it to me. ALL suggestions will be turned in to the "Powers that be" I can assure you. We want to make Fernandes the "peoples" guitar company. No overdone fluff, just guitars that people will want.

GIMMIE YOUR PIC!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by ryanscott6

Looks great but it needs a ebony fretboard. To have all that black with a rosewood board just doesn't cut it for me.

Ebony fretboard? Could very well happen for the 2nd generation Revolver. Perhaps the Ebony fretboard model could be the new Revolver Elite! You've got me thinking!

Keep up the comments/ideas!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

i used to like fernandes guitars a lot, but the current line is pretty boring. i thought the revolver elite previously was really cool though - if only that elite had binding for the body and headstock as well.

any chance for 27" scale? and piezo floyd rose? if so, i'll be selling my 27" ibanez for that fernandes with 27" scale, piezo floyd rose and sustainer (with intensity control). make it an ebony board too. :D

my fernandes guitars now are a vertigo elite (with floyd), and a revolver pro 7 (with sustainer). love both necks, but wished the pro 7 is a 27".

• Members

I've got a MIJ Revolver that I love. It really shreds.

That thing looks nice but some shark fin inlays on the fretboard would be nicer. :D

Hey hournegative... if you're tight with Fernandes I sent an email to them asking about some of my Fernandes guitars and the bastards never replyed. :mad: Anything you can do to help?

• Members

Originally posted by oYx

i used to like fernandes guitars a lot, but the current line is pretty boring. i thought the revolver elite previously was really cool though - if only that elite had binding for the body and headstock as well.

any chance for 27" scale? and piezo floyd rose? if so, i'll be selling my 27" ibanez for that fernandes with 27" scale, piezo floyd rose and sustainer (with intensity control). make it an ebony board too.
:D

my fernandes guitars now are a vertigo elite (with floyd), and a revolver pro 7 (with sustainer). love both necks, but wished the pro 7 is a 27".

My friend, YOU ARE IN LUCK!

This fall there will be a 2005 Revolver PRO 7 with a 27" scale! Also, the guitar will use either an EMG 707 or an 81-7 pickup in the bridge and the Sustainer in the neck. Due to the EXTREME cost of buying and installing the Floyd Piezo bridge we won't be able to offer that part of the deal though. But we're very close to what you want, huh? :D As far as the construction of the new Revolver PRO 7 we are leaning toward neck-thru. What do you think? I am with you on the Ebony fretboard for sure though. Maybe I can make it happen!

Keep up the suggestions and ideas!!!

Ray Mitchell

• Members

yeah, i agree with sparky.

i like my fernandes enough to have a sustainer installed into a non-fernandes guitar of mine, and i was getting some issues with the wiring. so i emailed fernandes hoping to get it solved, but after some emails to-and-fro, the replies just stop.

i was thinking that unless you're steve vai, it's going to be hard getting the sustainer installed into a non-fernandes guitar. [i'm not a big fan, but i do listen to some vai and i know he has a fernanes sustainer in his guitar.]

maybe that can be one factor to look into to make fernandes be more of a "people's" guitar company?

Archived