FINALLY! My turn for an Ibanez AM-205 deal on eBay!

Sonar

• Members

Stumbled on a "Buy It Now" eBay deal for a guitar I've wanted for sometime.

My luthier buddy wanted me to get a spruce semi-hollow PRS, but I've never enjoyed playing any PRS.......and they come off as too pretentious in my view. Somehow, an old dude playing an Ibanez suggests a certain competence......whereas a PRS hollowbody suggests a doctor or lawyer with a weekend gig. :rolleyes:

This 1983 Ibanez AM-205 is a tiny version of an ES335 sorta......very comfortable! :)

Here's a photo from an old Ibanez catalog.

am205av-87profile.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by superpoo

cool guitar, but id never buy anything with that guy in the background
:(
:(

THAT'S John Scofield's hirsuit younger brother!

The Ibanez AM-205 is the Mortimer Scofield Model, DAMMIT! :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by IdaCrue

Damn that is one beautiful guitar...Congratulations. I just might have to keep my eyes open for one too. Have fun
:D

Yeah it is! :D

It's a burled mahogony body model made in 1983.......DAMN pretty. This thing would cost me $5,000 if it had the PRS name on it.......and it STILL wouldn't be FUN! :eek:

It's just a bit bigger than a Les Paul. I typically play a big 'ol Yamaha SA2000 (same size as a Gibson ES335).......great guitar, but WHADDA PIG to hold all night! WHEW!

If you like this size guitar, keep an eye out for a mid '80s Ibanez AM50 too. A GREAT player guitar! Same size, just a bit brighter (which can be nice with many '59 PAF style pickups) and different wood construction with chrome hardware.

And I don't get these guys pickin' on Mortimer Scofield......he's the KING of Polka/Fusion! HOW did they know he was from San Francisco?!? :mad:

Here's a photo of John Scofield playing his brother's guitar!

3229.jpg

Archived