Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY! My turn for an Ibanez AM-205 deal on eBay!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY! My turn for an Ibanez AM-205 deal on eBay!

Stumbled on a "Buy It Now" eBay deal for a guitar I've wanted for sometime.

My luthier buddy wanted me to get a spruce semi-hollow PRS, but I've never enjoyed playing any PRS.......and they come off as too pretentious in my view. Somehow, an old dude playing an Ibanez suggests a certain competence......whereas a PRS hollowbody suggests a doctor or lawyer with a weekend gig.

This 1983 Ibanez AM-205 is a tiny version of an ES335 sorta......very comfortable!

Here's a photo from an old Ibanez catalog.

Originally Posted by GIR unit:
    "Yet another thoughtful, temperate and informed response from the always delightful and informed Sonar."

cool guitar, but id never buy anything with that guy in the background
    Member of the Mazi Bee KICK ASS MILITIA m/

Comment

Originally posted by superpoo
      Really!...what market are they tryin' to tap with those ads.....lol

Comment

i love that color on a hollow body and those inlays are beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by superpoo

THAT'S John Scofield's hirsuit younger brother!

The Ibanez AM-205 is the Mortimer Scofield Model, DAMMIT!
          "Yet another thoughtful, temperate and informed response from the always delightful and informed Sonar."

Comment

Originally posted by sitamoia50
            Really!...what market are they tryin' to tap with those ads.....lol

San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by batotman

San Francisco.
              LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dude, that is gorgeous.

Comment

Damn that is one beautiful guitar...Congratulations. I just might have to keep my eyes open for one too. Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by IdaCrue
                    Damn that is one beautiful guitar...Congratulations. I just might have to keep my eyes open for one too. Have fun

Yeah it is!

It's a burled mahogony body model made in 1983.......DAMN pretty. This thing would cost me $5,000 if it had the PRS name on it.......and it STILL wouldn't be FUN!

It's just a bit bigger than a Les Paul. I typically play a big 'ol Yamaha SA2000 (same size as a Gibson ES335).......great guitar, but WHADDA PIG to hold all night! WHEW!

If you like this size guitar, keep an eye out for a mid '80s Ibanez AM50 too. A GREAT player guitar! Same size, just a bit brighter (which can be nice with many '59 PAF style pickups) and different wood construction with chrome hardware.

And I don't get these guys pickin' on Mortimer Scofield......he's the KING of Polka/Fusion! HOW did they know he was from San Francisco?!?

Here's a photo of John Scofield playing his brother's guitar!

Comment

Working...
                    X